Register free!

Old 08-26-2008, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyge View Post
well, now you are all "professionals", aren't you? you see, i know that my first year on a property requires more treatments, more scouting, and more attention. as the years roll on, and we develop a healthier turf, and have the customer educated to the correct watering techniques, we need alot fewer treatments to maintain the now healthy, strong, resistant lawn. a real professional can actually lower the price of the program as the years go on, because there is far less involved in the program. unless, of course....you're delivering unnecesary treatments. but i just know, "professionals" wouldn't do such a thing. would you?

give me an example of a unnecessary treatment please.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-26-2008, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Member

for example i took on this property 4 yrs ago. they had broadleafs + crabgrass. the lawn was thin and malnurished. the first year cost them $550. i did split apps of dimension, 2 blanket broadleaf treatments as well as spot spraying. talstar for sfi. got them on the watering schedule i needed. at the end of the first season, i set myself up for year two with a fall herbicide blanket treatment, and my last fert (nov) being 1.5 lbs of nitrogen. the 2nd year i was able to control the crabgrass with only one dimension, the weeds with only one blnkt treatment and minor spot spraying. i skipped the fall herbicide. year three required no spot treatments at all. by year 3 the lawn was thick and healthy and almost 100% void of any crabgrass or weeds. thier program price, as the years progressed, decreased due to the success of the program.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

People Are Stupid Animals..... Keep Your Price The Same If Anything Just Because You're Doing Less Doesn't Mean Your Expenses Haven't Increased ........it's Called " Cost Of Living Increase"
Old 08-26-2008, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ok as i see it you renovated the lawn through chemical applications. Now your on a regulart maintenance program. A regular maintenane program will not decrease in price. A renovation with extra applications will of course cost more. But if your new client hired you to take over a healthy lawn then your price should only go up or at the very least stay the same.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-26-2008, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Oh Mr Gedd, they do not kinow thee very well doust they?
Old 08-26-2008, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

yes but even the amount of work involved in "routine maint" will decrease as the years go on. that's, if you're good at it, and honest

Last edited by bobbyge; 08-26-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm not sure about France, but here, weed control is a constant battle. I have lawns I have done for 8 yrs now. I at least spot spray weeds every time I visit the lawn...every time! There are a least a handful of weeds. I spray them all. So my answer to your question is no. I do the same amount of work, I always spray weeds and materials never get cheaper...You just fell off the Turnip Truck...right?

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 08-26-2008, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyge View Post
yes but even the amount of work involved in "routine maint" will decrease as the years go on. that's, if you're good at it, and honest
well i disagree with that. Pre emergant and spot praying is routine maintenace in my book. Although we just may be in different climates with different grasses. For some reason i am doubting your in France.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 08-26-2008, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

he can afford to lower his prices because he goes to the big box store and rips the bags to get a discount......
Old 08-26-2008, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug-guy View Post
he can afford to lower his prices because he goes to the big box store and rips the bags to get a discount......

hahaha yea im curious to see his rig. he is entertaining.

SOLO OPERATION