Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-11-2008, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

door to door sounds easy but when I tried it people dont want to be bothered at all. I just got let down after 10 houses. Door hangers seem the same way to me and you cant touch the mailbox. I really dont want to spend a few grand on direct mail tho. Can you hire people to hand out door hangers and is it reliable?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

you could pay someone to hand them out but how do you know if there getting delivered?we have a weekly paper that comes out and alot of people look for it in there mailboxes on friday's it's also available at businesses,you can take an add out in something like that or you can also have them put your flier inside of it when it gets delivered.i am not sure which route i am going to go with it some people might just throw out the fliers who knows.good luck with your choice.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Member

exactly i dont know if i could trust anyone! i think im leaning toward door hangers, but putting them out on my own time! im going to see how many customers i get with the hangers, then i will post an add if im really hurting for business! advertising is all new to me so any help i can get i appreciate!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Door to door is great way. Go to some one you know's neighborhood and introduce yourself and present your company. , i got 2 accounts in 3 trys the other day. just being honest and smiling gets accounts
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracy3411 View Post
exactly i dont know if i could trust anyone! i think im leaning toward door hangers, but putting them out on my own time! im going to see how many customers i get with the hangers, then i will post an add if im really hurting for business! advertising is all new to me so any help i can get i appreciate!
Next year Im going to pay some kids to pass out doorhangers. I will give them a per 500 pay rate and offer small bonuses for every account I get from them.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Flyers might get you some work. You will generally see a 2-3% return so you'll be passing out a couple thousand of them. Try uunning an ad in the newspaper. I run an ad in 2 local papers. Not to much money and they get good results and end up paying for themselves many times over.

The best method of advertising though would be posotive word of mouth from satisfied customers. The fall is a good time to break in though as there is lots to do and it can give you a big head start on next spring!
2011 8x16 Pace Summit trailer
2010 Exmark TTHP 17/48
04 Exmark Viking 32"
96 Exmark Metro 36"
Echo, Redmax, and Shindaiwa handhelds. Husky chain saws.
2010 F-350 4x4 6.4 PSD w/ 8' Western plow.
1997 F-250 4x4 7.3 PSD
2004 Bobcat 61" 25hp ZTR for sale. 1100 hours, Under 10 hours on a TOTAL DECK REBUILD! PM for details
Old 09-15-2008, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Member

i use multiple tactics but the internet has really gotten me a lot of leads not for weekly cuttings but for plantings, masonry and backyard makeovers. I use a company that gets me on the first page of google, yahoo, msn for relevant keyword searches (not the pay per click) but the organic searches.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Offer A Free Cut To Your Existing Customers For A Referal That Stays With You For 60 Days
Old 09-27-2008, 02:05 AM
LawnSite Member

The best advertising is the newspapers and local radio. Our local radio is $5.00 for a spot and the paper is $93.00 for a month 3 times a week.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Go to RNDSIGNS.COM. Request a FREE marketing handbook full of ideas. See hundreds of print layout ideas and industry specific professional photogrphs to enhance your image and sales. All online. Very economical custom design and print.