Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-28-2002, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Thumbs up Blade suggestion for 52" wright stander

I own a 52 inch stander 17 kaw I am very impressed with the manuverability of this machine and over all love it I put 380 hours on it last season. The only problem I have with it is that it tends to trail clippings off of the rear edge of the discharge chute under moderate to heavy grass conditions. I have tried different blades to remidy this problem to no avail. Is there any recommendations for this problem.. Otherwise a tremendous machine I hope to puchase more as my business grows. Joe Lalor
Old 01-29-2002, 10:47 AM
manufacturer

Joe, Thanks for your comments. I really don't have many other blade recommendations except to try changing the air flow by using blades with higher (or lower) lift wings at the backside of each blade. I'm getting more reports that our blades work "better" than others that have been tried. There are many posts on Lawnsite that you might see about using double blades which could help, however I can't recommend them on our machine because of possible warranty and safety issues that could result.

Check the engine RPM. It should be at least 3600 rpm at full throttle for best grass discharging.

Make sure the underside of the deck is clean.

Hope this helps,

Jim Velke
Old 02-01-2002, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Joe,

We use high lift Gators on our 48 standers. These machines throw grass better than our rider and most of our walk behinds. I very rarely have to double cut w/ these mowers. Doubles cause a lot of "blow-out" in the front end, and I eliminated them after a few days.