Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-30-2008, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Which lights do you sell/rent more of?

What lights do you have requested more? The big C9 or mini lights? I see mainly mini lights here, the C9 size is starting to make a comeback though.

White lights were big for a while, now color is coming back as well.

The High end neighborhoods I would think would go more for the classic white light look rather than the colorful look.

This is my opinion, what do you guys see as a trend?
Old 08-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Sponsor

90% white!
Old 08-31-2008, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

thought so
Old 08-31-2008, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

White (clear) C-9's are the way to go for roof lines. I think minis on the rooflines dosn't look very good (unless you have a LOT of lights up). Multi color C-9 or C-7's look good on trees, not on the roof though. Solid colors look great on the roof, nice for something different other than white, but most people just want white.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

white is very clean looking I think, and classy.

C9s used for roofs... anywhere else?

I like the idea of green in the trees, I want to do my house then have green minis in the grass and tree.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

clear c-9's are always everywhere. we'll often add twinkle lights, or a few red or green bulbs at the corners and top of the peaks to make our houses look different. we also do a alot of lighted garlard at entryways,door ways, railings, and 4-8 foot wreaths at peaks. probably 50-60% of our jobs are light link jobs from Holiday Bright Lights. It separates us from the competition, and really looks nice. I try to be more of an outdoor decorator than just a c-9/mini-light guy. But 20-25% of our jobs are often just that, c-9's and or mini-lights only.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I plan on looking at this as a compliment to the house itself. I think colors are a little tacky all though they can look nice in situations... but I don't see the areas I am going to market using a lot of them... sorry...

What is "light link" and why does everyone refer to Holiday Bright Lights like they are a certain kind that makes a difference?
Old 08-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Sponsor

You can go to Holiday bright lights website and check out what a light link is. I think it's a neat product, we just have other compnies in the area that offer them, so I don't.

It's really going to depend on local trends on what you will sell. Dave sells a ton of garland, and I hardly get anyone interested in garland. Everyone wants white C9 on the roof and white mini lights in the bushes and trees around here.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

we have 4 other companys that sell linkables/ light links as well, but I just carry them into the house on bids and show them the product and plug it in. I show the catalog with pictures of houses with them on it. I show them the benefits and features of it. If they want it, they buy. if not, then they buy c-9's from me or they buy from someone else.

I always bring garland and a wreath to a bid, leave it on the front entry ,and show them what it looks like and plug it in. If you bring items and show them during a bid, even when they say on the phone they just want a price for lights across the front, when they see it, they may want it. If you just show a picture or talk about it, they won't buy. I also bring bows for the wreaths and people love them. I would much rather do less homes with more product on them.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

bows... new thread I guess... easier to search for us newbies...