Register free!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The soil is where its at

The next frontier is under your feet, I've heard that somewhere else???

That leonardo dude had it go'n on
I wonder if we could text messgae him
Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I used CGM once on my own lawn. I had a beautiful, lush green lawn and lots of grab grass. It's a great fertilizer, stinks on weeds. Heard way to much conficting info on how long it takes to worrk. Nobody can answer whether or not you will be able to seed in 3 years of using it consistantly.

As far as price goes, no comparisons. Apples to hand grenades. 12000 feet of fert with dimension, $25. 12000 feet of CGM, close to $200.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by upidstay View Post
I used CGM once on my own lawn. I had a beautiful, lush green lawn and lots of grab grass. It's a great fertilizer, stinks on weeds. Heard way to much conficting info on how long it takes to worrk. Nobody can answer whether or not you will be able to seed in 3 years of using it consistantly.

As far as price goes, no comparisons. Apples to hand grenades. 12000 feet of fert with dimension, $25. 12000 feet of CGM, close to $200.
HOW DARE YOU come into this forum and tell the truth!!. Get ready ro be excoriated. This forum is not about honest discussion and methodology. It's about "bonding", "relationships", and being "friendly" to the grass.Think of it as Oprah growing grass!. Oh yea, most excoriators will reluctantly admit to using EEEEVIL synthetics!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry. My bad. Nothing but propaganda and lies from now on. Cross my heart, etc.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobylou8 View Post
HOW DARE YOU come into this forum and tell the truth!!. Get ready ro be excoriated. This forum is not about honest discussion and methodology. It's about "bonding", "relationships", and being "friendly" to the grass.Think of it as Oprah growing grass!. Oh yea, most excoriators will reluctantly admit to using EEEEVIL synthetics!
Do you have anything positive to contribute, like information, or are you just gonna flap your gums?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Do you have anything positive to contribute, like information, or are you just gonna flap your gums?
You know, my grandpappy had a sayin', "Son, if you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one that got hit"! Wise man my grandpappy ! Is the truth not positive? You in particular have not been able to refute any of the facts as I have presented them. You say I am "chemically" correct but biologically not with regards to the grass "caring" were it got it's N from. ??? ! And everytime You "correct" me it's only with the word depends. Not exactly a bedrock answer full of information. I came to this forum looking for new information regarding organics. I am a business man and if it can be marketed and make me a profit I am all for it. Problem is still the same with organics; slow;costly; and the grass doesn't care. Even my most earth conscience clients are not willing to fork over the amount of money organics cost when they find out the grass doesn't care and will respond positively (even with low % OM) with synthetics.

Last edited by tobylou8; 04-03-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Not finished
Old 04-03-2009, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Wink

Quote:
Sorry. My bad. Nothing but propaganda and lies from now on. Cross my heart, etc.
!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:

I've heard that more than once, timelyness of the application is key. It has to be used as the soils get above 45 degrees so there is a certain window of application to be effective

Also some folks buy it from the farm store and the protein content is not over 60%, to be effective the protein content must be above 60%

Cost is definetly a concern, in areas where the chemical Pre-M tool has been taken away it is the only pre-m tool
Old 04-03-2009, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobylou8 View Post
You know, my grandpappy had a sayin', "Son, if you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one that got hit"! Wise man my grandpappy ! Is the truth not positive? You in particular have not been able to refute any of the facts as I have presented them. You say I am "chemically" correct but biologically not with regards to the grass "caring" were it got it's N from. ??? ! And everytime You "correct" me it's only with the word depends. Not exactly a bedrock answer full of information. I came to this forum looking for new information regarding organics. I am a business man and if it can be marketed and make me a profit I am all for it. Problem is still the same with organics; slow;costly; and the grass doesn't care. Even my most earth conscience clients are not willing to fork over the amount of money organics cost when they find out the grass doesn't care and will respond positively (even with low % OM) with synthetics.
The issue is much more complex than making a blanket statement that the Grass does not care . Actually the Grass does care. My lawn stayed green all winter , not one Chemlawn or any other SYN lawn in this neighborhood did. Better cultural practices grow better/healthier turf . Now my lawn is as green as the lawns that will soon be growing three inches in a week yet my growth will be about half that........then we can wait until temps are in the 100's and they start watering every day or every other day of their lawn burns up. The grass does care and so do the homeowners who have half a brain. If you can't figure that out I delegate you to back of the bus with the intellectually challenged homeowners who base turfgrass quality on one and only one issue, is my yard greener than my neighbor's.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishboy View Post
The issue is much more complex than making a blanket statement that the Grass does not care . Actually the Grass does care. My lawn stayed green all winter , not one Chemlawn or any other SYN lawn in this neighborhood did. Better cultural practices grow better/healthier turf . Now my lawn is as green as the lawns that will soon be growing three inches in a week yet my growth will be about half that........then we can wait until temps are in the 100's and they start watering every day or every other day of their lawn burns up. The grass does care and so do the homeowners who have half a brain. If you can't figure that out I delegate you to back of the bus with the intellectually challenged homeowners who base turfgrass quality on one and only one issue, is my yard greener than my neighbor's.
Main problem is that I am not taking care of your neighbor's lawns! The grass "cares" ? N is N! In organics it must be broken down by microbial action or it will not be released as N! The grass does not have a brain.It lives in a constant vegetative state. If N is present and available for uptake into the roots the grass will use it and grow. Too much N, rapid top growth. Too little N, anemiac and thin. Way too much N (dog poo or urine) ,grass burns up. There could be many reasons your neighbors yards suck (sounds like opportunity knocking)! You say the issue is much more elaborate, yet you offer NO explanation at all as to what this means. Do organics affect C.E.C. and ENR/A differently than synthetics do? And as seems to be the norm in this forum, after inane factless statements are made the name calling begins. Scotty, beam me up.There is no intelligent life in this forum!