Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-06-2008, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude sell the dam thing outright, I hope you dont do business like your doing this transaction, dont try to justify the price. Your mower is worth 3000 to 3500 dollars bottom line, if that! I bought mine for 4000 with 32 hours, so go figure! Your price is out of line, just my two cents.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Member

relax, i really dont want to "sell" it i would like to "trade" for an older ztr with the least amount of hours that i can find. i was asked by someone "how much"! i just was trying to find a situation that would help both people.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No problem MS! When your're ready to sell let me know!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Hustler Fastrak Super Duty 54" with 90 hrs and Quickchute OCDC. I would think about trading for yours plus $1500 cash.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

KLC99, thanks for what you think is a news flash. I guess you missed the part where I said "OK, I'll play". The really funny part is that I was real close when I said he would probably need to get within $400 of new list. Guess I was on to something.

I'll stop with the sarcasm now.

I am sure it would be nice if he could trade his mower at near retail value for someones mower at wholesale value. That would be to his benefit.

More than likely it will come down to retail value traded to retail value or wholesale value traded to wholesale value. If this happens then he would have been just as well to sell his mower at current market value and buy a ZTR at current market value.

It's late. I'm tired of typing. Enough of Econ 101
Old 09-06-2008, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Gotcha. Remember you can't make him sell it for what you want him to. At least he's not flipping out on you for digging at his selling price. Lately a couple sellers have convinced the moderators to delete posts that suggest they are priced too high. This guy is being polite about it.

Having sold in this section before I have an appreciation for buyers and sellers who who don't treat you like a used car salesman. Dustycedar and Aintnofun are two members that I dealt with who have no intention of cheating anyone on here and don't treat you as if you're trying to cheat them either. Anyone who has a decent post count and history on lawnsite you're likely to run across again---might as well keep friendly terms eh?
Old 09-06-2008, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

KLC99, You took it upon yourself to jump in even though everything was cordial.

As for Post count giving someone credibility, that has not always played on here. I consider my past post just as creditable as anyone else here due to my past experience. I actually have as many years experience in this field as you do in life and then some.

Play PC moderator with someone else please.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcalhoun View Post
KLC99, You took it upon yourself to jump in even though everything was cordial.

As for Post count giving someone credibility, that has not always played on here. I consider my past post just as creditable as anyone else here due to my past experience. I actually have as many years experience in this field as you do in life and then some.

Play PC moderator with someone else please.
Sorry---I didn't mean anything towards you by the post count remark. I see a lower post count per day and it means (to me) that the member only posts when they have something legitimate to add. I'd be more likely to take your advice over someone who has 3000 posts in 3 years. If you say you have 30 years experience I believe you---I have no reason not to and I can certainly respect someone who has made it big in this industry if that's what you are saying. I posted with good intentions and hit a nerve because you don't need any guidance from someone in their late 20's with only 10 years experience---I understand, sorry.

Here's what I originally posted directed toward you---
(((Davidcalhoun---He doesn't want to sell outright. If he was going to sell outright the price would be around $4500 but he doesn't want you to buy it for that because you would be better off buying a new one. )))---Sorry if this was offensive. I don't want to badger sellers or buyers. Disregard it.

Good luck with the sale morningside. In pa---new machine $5300 + tax $5618 + grass gobbler $200-300? = $5800-5900. $4500 might not be a bad starting point if you only have a few hours on the meter.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bump. It is a darn good looking mower though.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Damn i wish i would have seen this before i got my z! But your too far neways. Nice looking mower though.

My Equipment
  • 04' Gmc Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 [Pops]
  • Encore Z34 15hp Kawasaki ZTR
  • Lawnboy 21" Commercial Trim Mower
  • Echo Pb-413T BackPack
  • Echo Srm-210 Trimmer
  • BNM 5x10 Open Trailer [Pops]