Register free!

Old 09-07-2008, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Probablly the smallest pond pix here

Back in May sometime my wife decided she wanted a pond in the backyard so we made a trip to Lowe's and got a bunch of stuff. We dug a hole threw the liner in and plugged in the pump.

We quickly added features using a old Coffee pot for a squirter and a very failed attempt at flag stone falls with no liner backing, lets just say that one leaked some.

We have knocked it back to the liner with the pump/filter combo and are really happy with the quality of water and the turtles and fish seem to like it too.

The pond has been of the best things we have been to our backyard and from the moment it was completed we were planning our new bigger and better version.

I still don't have the exact layout or design yet, but I am working on it.
It will take up the whole area under the porch approx 600 gallons and will have a elevated approx 4' tall water fall.

Most importantly it will be made with all of your guys help whether you like it or not!

Thanks for all the pictures you goes post, every comment or suggestion it doesn't't go UN noticed.

Thanks again,
Weldon
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2008, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Member

where is the falls?

Did you decide against the water fall? With a pond that small you could get one of those pond foggers i think it would look nice at night.
Can you tell more about the water filtration you are using, with no water fall it doesn't look like there is much oxygen getting put back into the water.
Turtles eat allot and so they go allot too so you might need some good water circulation to keep the water from going bad.
O, i just read your post again so you are planning a bigger pond too. I couldnt see 600 gallons on the small patio pond.

Last edited by Supertiger; 09-13-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey no problem.

That little pond in a box is kind of a joke but it seems to be fool proof. We have never had a problem with the water even though we have what I think is a bunch of fish/turtles in not much water.

Anyway we are definantly hooked now and are gonna have to go bigger.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterKraft View Post
Hey no problem.

That little pond in a box is kind of a joke but it seems to be fool proof. We have never had a problem with the water even though we have what I think is a bunch of fish/turtles in not much water.

Anyway we are definantly hooked now and are gonna have to go bigger.
Just wait til you find out about fish and need to go bigger again, it is an addiction with no fix but more ponds
Old 10-06-2008, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

After a recent waterfall incident I accidently killed most all of our fish, save for the turtles and scum suckers, we are pretty much dead set on the 5 dollar and under variety.

As much as I have going on our .32$ gold fish might be a foot long by the time we build the new one.