Register free!
Search

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i can answer that one i believe

When building things like this you use plastic pipe for the electric to go through you make sure when putting everything together you put these in and make sure they are at the right depth for example here it would be 6 to 8 inches i believe. and then once the job is ready to have th electrical run through they simply just put the wire in one end and push till it gets out the other end.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Seems like it good be a b@#$ if it doesn't want to go past the elbow.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnworks View Post
Seems like it good be a b@#$ if it doesn't want to go past the elbow.
Do to the fact we had to get wire up 4 pillars and around curved walls we had the electrian run the conduit himself and pull the wire before anything was backfilled.

We normally run the conduit ourself and then the sparky comes in at the end and pulls wire/installs fixtures.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

oh **** here comes trey smith the principals son
Old 09-12-2008, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawnworks, why do you have to beat someone down for wanting to know how to do something. Why is the typical response " hire someone who knows how to do it " One thing I learned a long time ago, was, never ask someone to do something you can't do yourself ! I'm pretty sure u didn't know **** at one time or another. You should give him kudos for having heart and drive! Then we wonder why contractors hire illegals? It's because you are too insecure to teach any of your workers anything.

Hardscaping, tear it up. Put Him in his place. I have your back. PM me. I have this little thing I believe in. It's called "payback" You might be it.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDesigns View Post
Lawnworks, why do you have to beat someone down for wanting to know how to do something. Why is the typical response " hire someone who knows how to do it " One thing I learned a long time ago, was, never ask someone to do something you can't do yourself ! I'm pretty sure u didn't know **** at one time or another. You should give him kudos for having heart and drive! Then we wonder why contractors hire illegals? It's because you are too insecure to teach any of your workers anything.

Hardscaping, tear it up. Put Him in his place. I have your back. PM me. I have this little thing I believe in. It's called "payback" You might be it.

There is nothing wrong hiring people with the skills you do not know! I know the correct installation of cultured stone. You know what though? I suck at doing it myself. I get frustrated and quit. But I know what standards to hold my guys too.

I am big on teaching the younger guys skills. One of the main things I always yell at the foremans for is treating helpers just like a helper. I want everyone to learn as much as possible. If we are laying block I let the younger guys lay block to. They might be incredible slow now, but one day they won't.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Amen! mrusk
Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Once the tube is run for the wire you just work it through it will go throuh no problem. I have run wire a couple times from a house to a shed. We had to move it and there for disconnected the electrical and to save on costs of electrician we would do the tubes ourselves and then run the wire our selves that way we pay the electrician to be there for like 15 minutes and that is it.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnworks View Post
Exactly. Working for someone else is just not an option for most of us... and if you can hire someone that knows how to do it... why even learn how to do it... you probably have better things to do anyway.

I have lots of time on my hands and would love to learn as much as i can now in the begining of my business because then i don't have to worry about learning alot more later on when that guy i hired decided not to show up and then screws me on a job that i am doing that has a tight timeline.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDesigns View Post

Beat him down??? What the hell are you talking about?

I am just tired of the line..."just go work for someone else to get experience and know how".... screw that. Find someone else and hire them! We are not talking cutting grass here.... masonry, carpentry, landscape design are not exactly easy skills to master.

I love to learn new things, but I am just saying the guys that are successful are not jack-of-all-trades.... they have a unique ability to hire the right people to do the right job. Like I said if you can delegate work and build a system to get it done... the sky is the limit. I wish I was better at delegation... I am stuck at three crews. I didn't mean my post to be derrogatory at all...
Closed Thread