Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-11-2008, 05:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bid Forms

OK, so what does a Christmas light bid form look like?

I got my own lawn care forms, but I have never seen one of these before...

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Sponsor

Well, I have quickbooks, so they look like a quickbooks estimate form.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

What I am saying is when you go to the customers house. What or how do you give them their estimate? Do you not have a form that you fill out and leave with them? I am looking at this a lot like I do with my lawn care company. With this I have a form that has a "survey" of their property. Type of lawn, weeds in the lawn, cutting height, watering... you get the idea. Then at the bottom has a spot for all the different services and a price for each that apply.

I figured with the lights sheet that it would be similar as having a spot for the different lights,

Ex: C9: Color: ______ Ft: _______ Price: _____

Then you do this for all the different sizes and kinds... then have a spot for your foilage, displays, clips, etc etc. I basically would design it so I could get another guy during the transition month to help sale. He would then have his sale pitch using the catalog and demos and then be able to just go down the list sort-of-speak and check everything off. That way nothing is missed, easy to tally up, etc.

I guess the clips and all could be on a seperate form for our purposes? The customer get the basic one that they have for their records so they know what lights they picked out and all. Maybe break the sections down to sections of the house... roof, front, windows, trees, lawn, driveway, etc etc. That way they know what they wanted where.

How does this sound?
Old 09-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Sponsor

I have a huge inventory list in quickbooks, I select what they want then put in the quantity, it calculates everything for me, then I print it out, or email it to them.
If they buy, I can deduct what they purchased from my inventory so I know how much of things I have left.

You really could use excel and make a estimate form. Not as easy to keep track of your finances that way though.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

That is a good point... I came up with one, I will PM it to you to see what you think...
Old 09-11-2008, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

So you don't give the cutomer the estimate right then while at their house?
Old 09-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Sponsor

Not usually. I try not to sit around peoples homes calculating lights out.

If it's just a roof line, I tell them right on the spot.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

they don't mind the wait or you don't loose the customer for not giving them the price right then?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I give them an estimate on the spot. I prefer to take a deposit at the time of the estimate, but I dont pressure. If they need to talk to their significant other then by all means do so. I will check back in a few days.

I am thinking about a laptop and printer in the car so as not to make math errors and to have a neater looking estimate.

I usually figure about 1 hour per estimate. When people spend a good amount of money I am willing to spend some time with them.

Appointments are booking already and our ad does not hit until next week. Hope everyone elses season starts of well too.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like what I am wanting to do. I have a laptop or two laying around, I guess that would work, just need the printer. Can you adapt a normal printer to work in your car? Just need an adapter I guess for the outlet? I am pretty sure I have one already, just have to figure out what is wrong with my printer.

What are you going to do if you have more than one sales guy? He should have a lap top I would think... he is a college grad, SURELY he has a laptop.