Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-11-2008, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Deep Green

As many questions as you have asked.

I was thinking that David, Hotrod and myself would come down and just do it for you, I know my guys would be much happier installing in the Georgia winter than up here
Old 09-11-2008, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been to Atlanta a couple of times, once in the Winter and once in the fall. It was great weather!

i think he should come do some installs in Michigan and New York to toughen him up!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

It's kinda the opposite problem of up north, here it is usually too hot to think about Christmas lights until it is too late. I have broke a serious sweat putting up lights in 85-90 degree weather, in October and November, only to deal with frozen gutters in January during takedown. I can imagine atlanta is hotter than here, so The question is whether you want to freeze or sweat.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe we should all just move to Hawaii.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Come on down!

It is still hitting the 90s from time to time but starting to cool off... slowly, we usually finish cutting grass in Dec. It gets cold in Jan-Feb. We had a blizzard a while back in March so our winter is a little later than most? Well, lets just say it takes a little while to get here. Then it gets to warming up again in April. It typically only gets in the 30s sometimes will go down in the 20s but not often.

I love it here. I have all the mtn biking you could dream of just down the street, a lake wrapping around me, Appalachian mountains about an hour north, the beach a few hours south, GREAT hunting on the other side of Atlanta. If I want a fun night in town, Atlanta is typically about 30min away.

Yall come on down and we will have a good ole time.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

ah, Hawaii. for 2 weeks, 2 years ago...the hottest- 81 degrees, the coolest, 65. In february. we went to The Volcano National park on the big island one day, and it was 65 degrees. There were people that moved there from Michigan that were on our tour. They had lived in Hawaii 2 years, and they were wearing coats in 65 degree weather. COATS ! They complained that when you live in Hawaii, you only like it when the weather is 74 degrees to 82. anything else is too hot or too cold. Hawaii folks are freaks.

I'll take anything with sunshine from 40 to 83 or so. even 30-40 with sunshine is doable if you have the right clothing. quite honestly, 83-87 is Ok and feels cool if the week before it was 100 degrees.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gretzmier View Post
83-87 is Ok and feels cool if the week before it was 100 degrees.
We are going to have a high of 80 today with this front coming through... its going to feel soooo good.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, we will range from 20-40 degrees when we put lights up and 0-30 when we take them down. Bundle up!