Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-02-2002, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Equipment Service Lift?

What type (MFG.) shop service lifts is everyone using for working on their LAWN equipment? I'm looking for some type of LIFT or LIFT table that can go from a GROUND LEVEL to about 30" in work height. Any help will be appreciated!
Old 02-02-2002, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Look at www.heftee.com
I saw this lift at the expo last year, looked pretty nice.
Fish
Old 02-02-2002, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info FISH! They have a good selection and it all looks like quailty stuff. Thanks again
Old 02-02-2002, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

XOFMOT

I have three of the Heftee lifts at my shop. Two of the 2000# lifts, and one of the 4000# lifts. I have been in the service industry for about 17 years, and in that time I have used and seen just about everything there is to lift equipment to gain access to work on them. Almost 8 years ago I started my own business, and purchased the first one then. As time went by and we began working bigger equipment, it made sense to get a bigger lift, so I purchased the 4000# lift. I only have one regret with Heftee, and that is that they did not make these units 17 years ago.
Just about ANY type of equipment can be used on the Heftee Lift.
I have had anything from a homeowner pushmower to a commercial walkbehind to three wheel units like Walker and Ramsomes ZT-100, to large commercial belly mowers with a seven foot deck on the lifts, with NO problems at all.
Now I know that these lifts are not cheap to purchase, but it will pay for it's self in a short time, by saving time by doing things "the old way".
Another lift that we use is a Handy Lift, used to load and unload units from pickup trucks and such. It is a table type lift that will lift 1000# to a height of 30 inches or so. Still beats laying on your back. Check them out at: http://www.handyindustries.com

Jeff in AL

How very observant of you there captain obvious.

The amount of FREE information that you receive here will be directly proportional to the amount of information that you provide!
Old 02-05-2002, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I have one of these that Jeff speaks of. Here is the direct link. http://www.handyindustries.com/airlift.asp I use it for my own purposes. I do recommend the side extensions X 2 or else you cant get the walkers, Lazers, etc. up on the table. They work great. I never wanted to get the bigger lifts cause of the fact the more weight it holds the more new friends you get that want to come over and use it. The Heftee has an advantage to be able to see underneath the machine easier. The Handy lift is a solid table. Good luck on your choice!!!
Old 02-07-2002, 02:27 AM
LawnSite Member

I saw something at COSTCO today that is not as fancy but a heck of a lot cheaper. It lifts up to 1000# I believe from 41/2" to 20" for $90.00. It is for mowers and motorcycles. It is a special type of jack with a platform. Actually looked kind of cool. I am debating on buying it.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been able to do a lot with car jacks , bottle jacks and jack stands - they're pretty versatile and take up very little room in the shop (which is usually at a premium) - Jungle Jim does make a nice cantalever jack - I think it's about $150. But for that you can buy a hell of a 3 -ton craftsman hydraulic jack and a set of heavy duty stands from the pawn shop
and have money to spare.
Old 02-08-2002, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Has anyone seen anything on using a two post automotive lift for lawn tractors? Our shop has an automotive 2 post lift and it seems with a little modification it could be used easily for lawn tractors. Just wondering if anyone has seen or tried this.
Old 02-17-2002, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Wangel
Has anyone seen anything on using a two post automotive lift for lawn tractors? Our shop has an automotive 2 post lift and it seems with a little modification it could be used easily for lawn tractors. Just wondering if anyone has seen or tried this.
This is what your looking for.......

http://www.handyindustries.com/turflift.asp

One of my dealers has one, and he loves it.
Between the lift and the lift with this attachment, he can lift anything out there

Later
Pj