Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-03-2002, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Member

My Flyer

I tried to design a flyer that would be unique and hopefully have a longer lifespan than a normal paper advertisement. I created a small paper ad about 5x6" with just the basic information necessary, I didn't want to go into to much detail just enough info to get the potential customers interest and hopefully a phone call. What I did that made my flyer unique was to include a wooden business card. The wooden cards are very unique and people normally don't throw them away even if they aren't interested in lawn service they will show them to their friends simply because wooden business cards are different. I placed the wooden card and the small flyer in a plastic bag and attached a long piece of copper wire(scrap phone cable with red insulation) and hung them on the doors of potential customers. I own a laser engraver so I have the capability to make wooden cards and I print my own flyers on an HP color printer. I just started delivering the flyers so I don't know how effective it wil be but the people that have seen them were impressed.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2002, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

haha! I had the same idea about biz cards recently. I contacted several companies about some tools needed. They look real good! Nice job.
Old 02-03-2002, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That is a good idea, they look perfect too. Just curious as to what your flyer ses??
Old 02-03-2002, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The wooden cards are most cool . Maybe a magnet on the back would be a nice addition . They look so classy that most people would hang them on the fridge as well .The entire presentation in the pic looked very professional ,and well thought out .Good Luck
Old 02-03-2002, 03:17 PM
Banned

olkeith, can ya get a close up of the cards? Otherwise, looks good from what I can see.
Old 02-03-2002, 03:25 PM
Millenium Member

Where did youn get teh wooden cards from. Who was that here that had their cards printed on credit cards by their sister?
Old 02-03-2002, 03:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote: Who was that here that had their cards printed on credit cards by their sister?

It was Turfman from Florida.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...it+card+sister
Old 02-03-2002, 03:32 PM
Banned

GOOD IDEA

LOOKS REAL COOL
Old 02-03-2002, 03:45 PM
Millenium Member

Thanks Jodi, that was fast! I sent her an email and never heard back, I guess she got to many request.
Old 02-03-2002, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That whole package looks very cool. I like all of it.

My only concern is that maybe it takes more money and time than it's worth as opposed to the results it creates. Even with making it all yourself I can't immagine this is very cheap.

For instance, I make black and white flyers and get the copies for 2¢ a piece. That's $20 for 1000 flyers. Takes me 1 minute to print them out, 20 minutes at Staples to copy them, and about 10-12 hours to lay them on doors. And even though I may not land as high of a percentage as you will, I may land a higher number, per the amount of time and money I spent than you will.

Don't get me wrong. They are way cool. I just don't see spending all the time printing, cutting the cards to the right size, stuffing them in the see-through envelope, printing the cards, puting them in the envelope, getting the wire ready, wiring them to doors, etc. It's just a guess. but I bet you spend 2-3 times as much time as I would to lay 1000 flyers and probably 5-10 times as much money, which means your overall return on investment of time and money is less.

I suppose if you get 3-5 times the response I get, this may be worth it. But I doubt that would be the case.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon