Old 10-29-2008, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mngrassguy View Post
I added all my good customers today so nobody would go after them. JK
lol, thats what I was thinking...
Old 10-29-2008, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry folks but this is a shady site. Not only shady but HIGHLY illegal. If you put a name on there and they find out they can sue you and the company for slander. I came up with this idea years ago and spoke with several attorneys about it and the answers I got ranged anywhere from slander to defamation of character to libel.

The owner of this site has tried for months now to post his product on this website and he is continually shot down.

Id stay far away from it as possible. Its a scam and a hoax.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2MOWN View Post
Sorry folks but this is a shady site. Not only shady but HIGHLY illegal. If you put a name on there and they find out they can sue you and the company for slander. I came up with this idea years ago and spoke with several attorneys about it and the answers I got ranged anywhere from slander to defamation of character to libel.

The owner of this site has tried for months now to post his product on this website and he is continually shot down.

then how come there is a system like this for years for rental companies? if your on it and in bad standing its called blacklisted, and you cant rent from anyone that belongs to the rental info company. then that forces the black listed renter to go rent a house from a homeowner that know no better.

------------
Frontier Lawn's Website
-----------

http://www.givemeliberty.org/
Old 10-29-2008, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:

oh then also the credit bureau is illegal also then, i can sue for anywhere from slander to defamation of character to libel.

------------
Frontier Lawn's Website
-----------

Old 10-29-2008, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier-Lawn View Post
oh then also the credit bureau is illegal also then, i can sue for anywhere from slander to defamation of character to libel.

The fact is that you have access to your credit report and you can change it at any time you want by proving what you think is wrong.

These people who have their names on there are not contacted and given a chance to explain their side of the story.

Im terribly sorry but you are wrong.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
then how come there is a system like this for years for rental companies? if your on it and in bad standing its called blacklisted, and you cant rent from anyone that belongs to the rental info company. then that forces the black listed renter to go rent a house from a homeowner that know no better.

Rental history is also part of your credit report. If you feel that your credit report has a blemish or a false report on it then I suggest you contact the credit bureaus and discuss it with them. Its very easy to prove IF you are telling the truth.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Frontier, why do you think they put this on their webisite?

Oh yeah, your actual business name is not posted so they won't know who you are, unless you make your User Name the name of your business (NOT RECOMMENDED).

Its so the person, if they do find out, cant resolve the problem or tell their side of what happened! All they know is that their name is on a website and its saying that they did something wrong. How do we know any of the names on there are even true? What if its a pissed off business owner trying to make a customer look bad?

Sorry buddy but USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Last edited by IN2MOWN; 10-29-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Rental history is also part of your credit report. If you feel that your credit report has a blemish or a false report on it then I suggest you contact the credit bureaus and discuss it with them. Its very easy to prove IF you are telling the truth.
sorry but it is separate and not posted on the credit report un less you owe then money. i have a freiend in the bizz and i'm right via him!!!!

------------
Frontier Lawn's Website
-----------

Old 10-29-2008, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
sorry but it is separate and not posted on the credit report un less you owe then money. i have a freiend in the bizz and i'm right via him!!!!

I wont get into a pissing match with you. There is a reason why when you go to buy a house or car or apply for credit they pull up your credit report. It has previous addresses on there and they can tell if you rented or owned.

Its on there and you can look for yourself.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:49 PM
Sponsor

You are correct.

Folks-
This poster is correct, this site is not a legal site and it just puts you at risk- tremendous risk. I spent two years with a team of lawyers to create Solidcontract.com so it would be a fair and legal site for you and the consumer. It cost me a ton of money and time to set up, and I have to have a huge insurance policy to protect myself and my family against someone that would potentially sue me because of what a contractor may post. Our service provides you with tools to get paid, resolve conflict with your customer, and has the appropriate checks and balances to make sure you are getting good and VALID information. So when you make the decision between if you a want a site for free or to pay $29.00 a month- just consider, you always get what you pay for! If some one told you he was going to sell you a new SCAG 61" mower for 1500 bucks you would (I hope) be suspicious and not buy it. This situation is no different, you need good information to make good decisions, made up information will help no one, nor is it going to help our industry. I have worked for two years to put Solidcontract.com together for contractors like you to make sure it was legal and fair for the consumer and the contractor, it was not cheap, but it works very well, and I hope we can make a difference in our industry because of it. And yes, you might actually have to spend money to get something of value... but this is your business, your industry, I created the product you have been looking for, now are you willing to use it?

Matt Gugliotti
SolidContract.com

Quote: