Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-07-2008, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

To the ones that are complaining about clientcritic.com:
you guys should complaint more about angie's list then clientcritic.com.
In angie's list customers can post a review about you and your company and A.L DO NOT CONTACT YOU to let you know that someone blasted you or left a nice report.
We were there b/c one of our clients made a report on our company. He left outstanding reviews ( I cannot complaint) but I found out b/c my client told me that he did that, otherwise I will never had known.

This the same thing, they can post a really bad review on us but we have no chance to tell our side of the story unless you pay a membership with them.

I hate A.L, I think customers get advantage of contractors because they have the chance to say and write wherever they want. Personally I contacted A.L to tell them that this website is not fair to us, because CLIENTS have the chance to write about us but WE can not write a report on them unless they leave a report.

I had a lady that saw our reviews (all A' s) called us, did the job next day for her b/c she was having a party left the house super clean, the owner of the company walked around the yard after they finish, she told him that everything looks great. We send her a bill,after 9 days of the job being done she complaint saying that we did not blow the driveway and she was not going to pay, I talked to her, I did not want to deduct any money from the bill (like she asked me to) and then she said: If you do not deduct some money from the bill I will leave you the worst report you ever read on Angie's list, I said: OK, go ahead then I will respond to it telling people my side of the story. Guess what guys? she did not leave a report because she knows that if she does I will post that after she did not pay us.
The story continues but my point is, with Angie's list we the contractors are the only ones that get screw up. It's all about the customers. If they leave a bad report, you are screw and if you respond to it too, b/c that makes you look bad.
I encourage all of you to contact angie's list and to express this. I believe this is not a fair website, it's about the customers not us.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I like this idea because it seems that complaining about the client who ruined your day (or tried to ruin it) might make you feel better. Outside of making the contractor feel better, I don't think a client's gonna ever really gonna be bothered by it.

However...

All of my chronic complainers have one thing in common...they all fired me. Or I dropped them (which is very rare).

As for screening out dead beats, I don't need to do that. I require credit cards for next day payments. If they've got a credit card I usually don't have a problem.

So for me, the usefulness of the site is in pre-screening for PITA's. The problem is, just because another LCO had a problem with a client's excessive complaints, it doesn't mean they won't be happy with me. They might think I'm nicer or better or more polite or whatever. I'd never turn down a new client just because they ticked off the last company.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What a qawinkie-dink??? I started a site and posted it on LS called ClientScreen.com years ago. I love the validation of my efforts. I didn't have time to promote the database, but I see someone has,...
Old 11-10-2008, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nobody has a comment about Angie's list?
Old 05-18-2009, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Greetings Lawnsite! Today is our official day of advertising on Lawnsite.com and we are very excited to contribute to the forum and thankful for this opportunity.

Let us know what questions you have about Client Critic and we will be more than happy to answer your questions.

Have a great week! www.clientcritic.com

Last edited by Client Critic; 05-18-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Forgot info
Old 05-18-2009, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well I joined.

I entered the first 2 letters of some names.

SI
SA
JO
HE
HA

Just random letters.

Strange...I pulled up about 30 different names, all of them were posted on exactly the same date and most of them lived on the same street with just different #s.

How anyone made you a sponsor is BEYOND me.

S C A M
Old 05-18-2009, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN2MOWN View Post
Well I joined.

SI
SA
JO
HE
HA

Just random letters.

Strange...I pulled up about 30 different names, all of them were posted on exactly the same date and most of them lived on the same street with just different #s.

S C A M
rule 1 you dont bash the sponsors!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Well I joined.

SI
SA
JO
HE
HA

Just random letters.

S C A M
IN2MOWN,

First of all we would like to say that we truly appreciate your feedback and I am very glad to have the opportunity now to respond to some of the questions about our site.

When we first launched Client Critic last year, we had to do a pre-launch beta test to ensure our database was working properly. So we uploaded several test names into the database ourselves to see if the functionality of the site was up to par and to discover what changes needed to be made.

Now that we have made several changes (and are still changing as well as adapting our site) we are getting ready to go into the phase of slowly removing these "test" posts.

The idea of it all is this: As more local business owners in your area, sign up for free, and begin building the database, you will find more value as it grows in helping you make more informed decisions on how to handle potential future customers.

So please, we don't consider your feedback bashing. Keep providing us with what you think - what do we do currently that you feel is great and what can we do differently or additionally to enhance our site for your benefit.

Have a great day and feel free to contact us if you need any help or have any other questions.. and keep the posts coming!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorLawnCare View Post
rule 1 you dont bash the sponsors!

Unless they are scamming.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Unless they are scamming.
scams are for things you have to pay for, not free things!