Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-20-2008, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

yep Northern Tools

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama
Old 10-20-2008, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

sorry this took do long.........
Attached Images

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama
Old 10-20-2008, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

one more........................
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2008, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good, a little small for my taste as well but to each his own.

Regarding the front mount being illegal (in Connecticut at least), I was told the same thing by my lesco dealer. That mounting it on the front is in fact illegal and the DOT has been cracking down lately. I'm also toying around with ideas on how to mount it to my truck and be able to tow a trailer. I purchased the lesco swing away mount, with the hitch extension, only to hook it up and realize that it could not handle the weight and started to actually bend my truck hitch. I like G.M.'s idea I will have to look into that.
Tons of other stuff
Old 11-03-2008, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

well in the perfect world I would have a larger box.......but so far this year I have only had to empty it once in the middle of the day.... my dump place is centrally located so it really is not a big deal.....for me....

40 + clean ups to date and no clogs in the tube.....

Old 11-03-2008, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

DRM, check out my "This years leaf truck" thread. I have a short piece of flex hose on the end of my pipe. It's just inside the hole in the box so that when it lifts it pops out then when it comes back down it pops back in. If it doesn't go in a quick hit with the rack puts it in. I used stove pipe for my pipe, it lets built up water drip out and is real cheap. I have tiedown straps to hold the rear door closed, quick and easy to dump and get back to work.
One other thing I noticed that might help you with the law thing is to drop your vac down some. Redo your hitch so it sits alot lower it will also help your suction by reducing the angle from ground. We wrap our hose around the discharge chute so we don"t have to take it off to travel. As long as your vac is higher that the plow mounts it won't hit the ground and won't look like it blocks your view as much. You could make your box bigger by making it longer, just make it the same length as your tailgate and make a full height door. This will give you another big chunk of space.
It does look good.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantoo View Post
DRM, check out my "This years leaf truck" thread. I have a short piece of flex hose on the end of my pipe. It's just inside the hole in the box so that when it lifts it pops out then when it comes back down it pops back in. If it doesn't go in a quick hit with the rack puts it in. I used stove pipe for my pipe, it lets built up water drip out and is real cheap. I have tiedown straps to hold the rear door closed, quick and easy to dump and get back to work.
One other thing I noticed that might help you with the law thing is to drop your vac down some. Redo your hitch so it sits alot lower it will also help your suction by reducing the angle from ground. We wrap our hose around the discharge chute so we don"t have to take it off to travel. As long as your vac is higher that the plow mounts it won't hit the ground and won't look like it blocks your view as much. You could make your box bigger by making it longer, just make it the same length as your tailgate and make a full height door. This will give you another big chunk of space.
It does look good.
Thanks for the post but......

I have had no trouble with the law......I must have passed 12 cops today due to election day and none gave me a second look....and I don't need a bigger box......I did 6 lawn clean-ups for my regular customers today and didn't empty it until I was finished......

Old 11-04-2008, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM Ventures View Post
Thanks for the post but......

I have had no trouble with the law......I must have passed 12 cops today due to election day and none gave me a second look....and I don't need a bigger box......I did 6 lawn clean-ups for my regular customers today and didn't empty it until I was finished......
wow, you must not have many leaves in your neck of the woods. My box is at least 3x yours and i dumped 3 times today. So i guess thats all you need.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 11-04-2008, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj550v12 View Post
Looks good, a little small for my taste as well but to each his own.

Regarding the front mount being illegal (in Connecticut at least), I was told the same thing by my lesco dealer. That mounting it on the front is in fact illegal and the DOT has been cracking down lately. I'm also toying around with ideas on how to mount it to my truck and be able to tow a trailer. I purchased the lesco swing away mount, with the hitch extension, only to hook it up and realize that it could not handle the weight and started to actually bend my truck hitch. I like G.M.'s idea I will have to look into that.
Hey buy my swinmg away hitch, because it is illegal to mount it to the front. Do you ask your barber if you need a hair cut?
36 Scag WB w/ Sulke
2x Echo 261t trimmer
Echo 260 edger
Shindiawa EB8510 blower
Echo PB-251 blower
Echo HC-150 hedge trimmer
Echo PPT-260 pole saw
Husky 338xpt
Husky 346xp
Old 11-04-2008, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

DRM, no problem. The other reason for dropping the loader down is because it helps on wet leaves. And I guess I'm like the other guys, bigger is always better but if what you have works for your properties then that's all that matters. We do a lot of bigger properties and we (my wife) has to dump several times per day. It takes time to unhook trailer so I like the bigger box. Lots of time she will just get the leaves to the curb then we unhook the trailer and do the loading after dark. Especially if the weather is nice and the phone is ringing a lot.