Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-29-2008, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Member

How the economy will affect Christmas Lighting

I guess I might be overreacting a little but I decided to call a few customers today from last year to get them booked for this year. I had one guy tell me he is definitly not going to have the service this year. A few others I left messages with and got no call backs. Maybe they were busy and I will here from later or maybe its too early yet.How long should I wait to call them back? I have put in more money into this than last year and I guess I am worried that it might flop because of the economy. Maybe I should wait and call the remainder of my customers after the the bailout bill is passed.Hopefully that will put some people at ease.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Member

We personally didn't feel the hit nearly as bas as we thought we were going to, sure we lost some of our smaller customers...mostly due to foreclosures, but as of yet we haven't lost a single commercial customer, and we are booking up quite nicely with repeat customers now.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

we are up from 2006 and 2007 interms of new customers and sales volume of new customers. I wish the news would just be quiet about the economy and more folks would be ok with spending money. Perhaps I am in a special part of the country, and I have had some folks drop off from last, but i was expecting that as I had very little last year, and I usually have 5-10% of customers not do it from year to year.