Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-02-2008, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Are craftsman any good?

i was looking around and found a 2800psi 2.5gpm 7 h.p. craftsman briggs and stranton but then sears said they would match that price for a 3000psi 2.7 gpm so i thought hell yeah it was regularly 549.99 so im thinking im gonna get it. both cold water and direct drive, am i getting a deal?
Old 10-02-2008, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

i forgot to mention that the first one was 299.99 so they matched it and made the better one 299.99 anyways i just got it and love it already. I was wondering if someone could give me a break down of there or a good proceedure when doing peoples driveways since it seems to take a bit longer with no soap as i have been testing for the last hr or so. also funny thing i get the 2 yr warranty so i can bring it right back and get it fixed and the guy trys to send me to another place when 18 hrs before that he said he would personally help me with any problems. anyways i left pressure in my wond unscrewed the hose and the pressure cracked the plastic piece around the hose but i just got a new one no problem and recieved my first lesson in pressure washers. that and sears hires idiots. any links to a video would be perfect.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Only thing going to make job easier or faster is a better high flow machine than can push a surface cleaner.....

This is how we clean driveways....

Drive Way Cleaning
Awesome Pressure Washing and Great Cleaning Service
Follow us on Facebook.. facebook.com/powerwash
Old 10-09-2008, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got a 4000 psi Karcher with 13hp commercial honda brand new for $650. Check craigslist. With the economy going like this people are probably dumping nice commercial gear cheap.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Member

I think so.... Awhile back I was looking for a larger pressure washer for use on our property. Up until 4 years ago I was content with the 2200psi Karcher machine I was using on our smaller property. But then we stumbled onto our current property and I needed an upgrade in alot of outdoor equipment.

I was at Sears and found a model that must have been a closeout. It was their Professional 3400 series, having an 8.5 B&S engine, a very well built AR pump with adjustable pressure and engine idle control, a hose reel and a few other nice features. It's basically the B&S 3400 Elite model with the added Craftsman Professional touches. I thought it was a steal at $560 and it has been working great for about 8 months now and has saved alot of time from the smaller unit I did own. Later!