Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-07-2002, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Member

sentar or lazer

Why should I buy a sentar over an exmark? I had the sentar already decided on but then a dealer has persuaded me to look at the exmarks. He said for large acreage the sentar may become very uncomfortable and wear out my butt. What do you think?
Old 02-07-2002, 11:08 AM
manufacturer

Corban- Do you want maximum comfort or do you want to spend less money, make more money, do steeper hills, feel safer doing them, etc etc etc.

As far as comfort goes, you could use the same argument when choosing between a car and a motorcycle. Decide by saying "what will I be giving up if I go for the maximum comfort".

JV
Old 02-07-2002, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Member

What about the claim they have about their great striping because of a 5" deep deck? Also, they have a reinforced outer edge on their decks. Can you tell me of the importance these play in a mower. How does the Sentar claim to give equal or better striping.
Old 02-07-2002, 02:58 PM
manufacturer

corban- striping is an effect that comes from the bottom edge of the deck raking the grass and really has nothing to do with how deep the deck is rather has everything to do with how low the deck is.
Besides, our deck is 4 7/8" deep which accually has more to do with air flow, lifting, and discharging the grass which ours does very well at.

The reinforced outer edge is needed more on a deck that has flat sides. Our trim edge of the deck is curved which makes it stronger and allows for closer trimming.

We have a limited lifetime deck warranty! Do they? I think NOT.

JV