Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-23-2008, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hydro hoses rubbing and wearing

I purchased a 36 rh in 2006 and a 48 rh in 2007, both machines are having major issues with the hydro hoses rubbing on the frame and on the engine cover. The engine cover is actually wearing away. Needless to say the hoses are wearing away also. I paid a lot of money for these machines and the last thing I would suspect is such an issue. What now? an unnecessary expense of replacement hoses on both machines?

David O'Donnell
O'Donnell's Landscape Management, Inc.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

On my 36 the hoses rubbed a hole in the hydro filter.
looks like its about to do it again.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea thats a major problem you would think with all the engineering that goes into these machines they wouldn't look over such a major detail. I mean is it so hard to address this issue, why should the consumer be burdened with unnecessary additional expenses.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Still no response? to me that means Wright either is ignoring the issue or has no plans to resolve the issue.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Sponsor

Good Morning,

I have forwarded your comments to our Research & Development team for review. I will ensure a prompt response once they've had a chance to research.

Thank you for your patience!

Kind Regards,

Jillian Jensen
Sales & Marketing Administrator
Wright Manufacturing
Old 06-25-2008, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Also my exhaust shield that was added after purchasing has been rewelded twice and now the dealer wants to charge for the 3rd weld since im out of waranty,and I never recieved a responce about the blow out I get on the left side of the deck using a mulch kit. I have some unhapy customers because it fills there swimming pools with grass. This is the only mulch kit I have run that does this and I need a fix.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Sponsor

Daveyo,

Thank you for your patience while we at Wright Manufacturing continually work on improving our products. Feedback like yours from our customers is a crucial component to both our pursuit of product development, as well as our customer satisfaction.

In regards to your current issue of the rubbing and wearing of your hydro hoses, we have previously addressed a similar, if not the same problem. The prior solution was to lengthen the hoses and redirect the fittings from their original configuration. This greatly minimized the issue at hand. In order to better assist you, would you mind contacting me directly at jillianj@wrightmfg.com to further correspond so that I may gain more details of the problem?

Again, thank you for sharing this information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Jillian Jensen
Sales & Marketing Administrator
Wright Manufacturing, Inc.
jillianj@wrightmfg.com
301-360-9810 Ext. 3003
Old 06-30-2008, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMo View Post
Also my exhaust shield that was added after purchasing has been rewelded twice.

Same here.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I feel it is only fair to say thank you so much Wright and all their staff for their extremely professional customer service. For me customer service comes hand in hand with a quality product and they have provided both. I absolutely would not run my business without the RH standers, and to have Wrights support is so valuable and important in running my business. Again thank you for solving my issues, you have my business for life, hands down.

David O'Donnell
Owner O'Donnell's Landscape Management, Inc.

Last edited by daveyo; 08-14-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm having the same vibrating/rubbing issues also. I just caught it at about 80 hrs. The machine is a 36" Stander that now has 115hrs. My quick fix is two short bungee cords. I supported the hoses on each side w/one of the bugees by routing it through and over the support for the steering/operating platform. Anyways i have ? concerning the hydro reserve tank. I need to check the level hydro fluid in the reserve. Do i need to bleed the air from the system after checking/adding fluid?