Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-05-2008, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

ahh 2.97 per gallon

As the Christmas season heats up it sure was nice today to pay 2.97 per gallon for gas. It is still about 50 cents more per gallon than last year, but WAY better than the 3.97 I paid a month or two ago. Although everybody has a different estimate, it sounds like oil demand is way down all over the world with the slowing economy, and folks are saying oil is heading for 80 dollars per barrel and under. That would bring gas prices to around 2.50 per gallon or so.

The other part of the equation is the economy. I'd encourage all Christmas light hangers to go out and try to visit in person 3 business's a day til November 10th and ask them who does thier Christmas Lights. I believe the residential sector may be down a bit this year and retail business/restaurants will be looking for something to bring folks into thier store. rather than waiting to see what will happen, try to be proactive to create a better result now.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Woo hoo- 2.55 per gallon today. I cannot believe I filled up my truck for 60 bucks. I really hope this holds during rehang season. this will save me 5 grand in fuel costs.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

dang- 2.29 today. love it. hopefully this trend will continue or stabilize. OPEC voted to cut production today because oil is only 70 bucks a barrel, which is like 4 times what it sold for 6 years ago. They apparently like the price of 140 bucks per barrel a lot more that they got 2 months ago.

Putting this in perspective, this is like lawn care companies who cut lawns for 35 bucks back in 2002, getting 140 bucks for the same lawn today. but 2 months ago we were getting 280 bucks per lawn for all the lawns we could cut. deciding that we all like getting 280 bucks a lawn, we all decide to cut back on the number of lawns we do, hoping the price goes up from the measly 140 bucks per lawn now.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Still $2.70 here.
"LIGHTING for LIFE OUTDOORS"
Member A.O.L.P.
FL. EY12000225