Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-13-2002, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't like to push lawns in the spring even if they've been neglected in the past. I don't know if I'd even try to explain to the customer the reasons why it won't turn around over night unless they bring up a results issue before you start or during the season. After all you should see some progress no matter what. Problem will only occur if customer expectations don't mesh with reality. That will usually show in pre sale discusssion. In any case sell down results and anything better will then beat their expectations.

I know your a few weeks ahead of us and although familiar with the area don't know about the timing. Un educated statement is the first 2 could be bumped a week or 2 later but I'm not sure. Ask locally.

I sell grub and fungicide treatment only if a problem is diagnosed AND treatment is justified. If the problem is iffy, I explain my on the fence attitude and let the customer decide.

I only blankey one app of surface feeding insect control in mid summer and that seems to be the usual around here.
Old 02-13-2002, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: lamb, you may want to back up that dimendion to either mid or late march. remember you have a longer window of application with dimension, and works best with warmer soil temps, usually about 50 degrees(soil temp). Also be careful of timming of your second round of dimension becuse if you plan to start seeding in late august you could run into germination problems if you put your dimension down in lets say late may early june you may have a problem. Tony
Old 02-13-2002, 10:47 PM
Millenium Member

My only suggestion is to switch to a ester formulation for the last application if the ground is cool, Momentum works best when it's warm, 3-way works better when it's cool.