Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Anyone using NuFarm products - Quincept

I placed an order with my local FS supply (Division of Growmark) for PBI/Gordons Q4, because I wanted to try it. When I came to pick up my order they told me that Quincept was just as good and was $20.00 a gallon less expensive. It does not have the 0.69% sulfentrazone Q4 has, so it's not really a 4 way herbicide, but all other AI ingredient in Quincept are the same except in higher percentages. I liked the price so I took it. FYI - I went to NuFarm's website and was quite impressed with the array of products.

I would like to hear from anyone that has used this product.

I will share my experiences with Quincept on my test plots.

Tools of the trade:
FIMCO
GRASSHOPPER
KUBOTA TRACTOR
F450 DUMP
AERAVATOR
LAWNAIRE
SPYKER
STIHL
LS REVITALIZER
Old 10-09-2008, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Please keep us informed. The sad fact of the matter is that most of these manufacturers have far more impressive marketing departments than actual products. I'm amazed by how many chem's out there don't do their job worth a darn... Got burned really bad by my suppliers this year on sub-par products...

Going to see if I can get UAP to bring me stuff out of Idaho next season...
Old 10-09-2008, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quincept does a terrific job on crabgrass & broadleaf weeds. Unlike Q4, it isn't labeled for Nutsedge. I have no problem with this especially since Q4 doesn't have enough sulfentrazone to control Nutsedge well.

Have no fear of Nufarm. They are a first class operation.They are the basic manufacturers of all LESCO & UAP private labeled herbicides as well as a raft of their own high quality controls.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I tried some quincept. I thought it was OK. It did fairly well on crabgrass, great on some easy broadleafs, not so good on lespedeza. I get MUCH better control with momentum fx2 + Drive + sticker. Almost as good control with Drive + Speedzone before seeding. For nutsedge I use 0.18oz dismiss + 1.5oz momentum fx2, smokes 'em.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I used their ProDeuce this year to wipe out some weeds/ saplings, worked great. Applied it in early June, rained within 6 hours of application. Thought I'd have to reapply, but everything died, and to this day not one weed has grown where I sprayed. Even the 6-8 foot tall sumac, elm and poplar saplings got smoked! One thing I liked, it did not bleed or run at all from where I sprayed to the bordering turf, it only killed what it came into contact with.