Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-29-1999, 09:07 AM
hall

It has come to my attention that a ex-member has been emailing the members of this forum and I apologize.<p>If you want to make your email private then go to your member profile and do so. This way you don't have to worry about people seeing your email address and receiving spam email. I will NEVER send you an unsolicited email and I will NEVER give your email to <br>any third party.<p>I don't know the content of the email that this person sent you but I would assume it had something to do with the fact that he is trying to attract you to his lawn care message forum. <p>He probably mentioned that he believes I am running this site for commercial purposes only.<p>I started this message forum about a year ago and since then I have made a total of $27 from a banner at the old forum. I have never exchanged a red cent with the people at turfquip.com. My position with them is purely respect. When I started this forum I <br>asked them to swap links. It would not be professional for me to snuff out his business with a used equipment for sale forum as I would not want him to start a message forum and snuff out my new members.<p>I continue to maintain this forum for the pure love of lawn care. I love to read the discussions and it makes me feel good to know that I have helped out a few people in this business.<p>The guy who sent you this email could really care less about your questions and comments let alone your company and success. As a matter of fact, he called everyone in here a lamer in a previous thread.<p>I have dedicated a years worth of time trying to spread the word of this forum. I hope to continue spreading your wealth of knowledge around the world.<p><br><p>----------<br>Charles Keough<br>http://www.hallofforums.com
Old 12-29-1999, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you Mr. Keough! This is THE BEST lawn care forum I have found and in the short time I have been visiting it is constantly improving. <br>Keep up the good work.<br>David
Old 12-30-1999, 02:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Chuck,<br>For all the value this forum represents, you should be compensated for your efforts in creating and maintaining it. How many people would &quot;come here&quot; if they had to pay for the priviledge?<br>If the members appreciated this board, each one of them would send you a check for at least $100.00 paid quarterly. Isn't your time valuable?<br>Phil Nilsson<br><p>----------<br>Phil Nilsson<br>
Old 12-30-1999, 05:05 AM
jeffclc

Phil- I guess you already sent your check in??? HaHa.
Old 12-30-1999, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Member

I'd be happy to send Chuck a check for $100 if the rest of you agree to do the same. <br><p>----------<br>Phil Nilsson<br>
Old 12-30-1999, 09:08 AM
hall

Blush no need to send any money... If I relied on this forum to pay my bills I would have got belly up last year. <p>----------<br>Charles Keough<br>http://www.hallofforums.com
Old 12-31-1999, 02:17 AM
jeffclc

Phil- Part of the problem with the internet is that is is often difficult to tell is someone is being sarcastic. I was in my comment, and hope no offense was taken.<p>My own personal thoughts are that if this forum was not free, membership would be nonexistant. There are many other places on the net for free discussion, and also the usenet newsgroups, and it would be very difficult to justify spending hard earned $ for something that can be obtained free elsewhere.<p>Don't get me wrong though, this forum is the absolute best resource available to those of us in the industry. Often straight awnsers cannot be obtained from conversations with local competitors, and they are only interested in bragging, and making themselves look better than you. Here, with the anonymity of the net, one can let his or her thoughts, questions, awnsers flow freely.<p>I think that Chuck shoule be named &quot;Green Industry Person of the Year&quot; for starting and providing this resource. Thanks again Chuck!!!<p>On another note, as the thread stated, I got the email from the ex-member, and I think that someone should go over to his new forum and post a message encouraging the use of ICQ and the benefits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-1999, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, as we prepare to start a new year, Id like to remind everyone that its not always about the money. Next time you clear snow from those five sidewalks in a row, instead of going in the street and around that one house who isnt a customer, clear a path thru. Maybe next time you will do it for your price, and if not, maybe you will feel better about yourself knowing you did someone a favor.<p>Same with lawns. It wouldnt kill folks to mow the extra three feet between the property line and neighbors driveway. Bugs the heck out of me when I see these strips along peoples lawns. &quot;But I dont get paid to do that&quot;. remember what goes around comes around.<p>I'll proudly say I do a fair share of gratis work. Everyone else should too. Try it at least once before you knock it.<p>Well off my soapbox and wishing all a Happy and Prosperous 2000.<p>Bill &quot;thelawnguy&quot;
Old 12-31-1999, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Charles, What a great forum. You are greatly appreciated for initiating the forum. Participants - You are equally appreciated for sharing with those of us who don't have you experience. Thanks to you all & I wish you to hav the best year you have ever known in 2000!
Old 12-31-1999, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ithink this forum is great and i think that chuck should get something for what he does and if not then i thank him for his efforts and i hope somehow he will be rewarded.