Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mower Financing or Leasing?

I just picked up a 50k contract on top of what i already have. I need to purchase a 12k mower but my credit isnt in the best terms thanks to an ex. I have all my payments current and on time but 2 credit cards i paid off earlier in the year are showing not paid. I should be able to get them to take those off and repair my credit but if i cant in time for the season do i have any options for financing or leasing? Do any of you guys lease equipment? Im looking at a grasshopper diesel 72".
Old 12-09-2008, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Around here Brickman leases a lot of mowers and turn them in every 2 years. Not sure exactly how the leasing works, you'd have to check with your dealer and see if you can even lease the mowers you want.

With so much riding on your credit score, I'd just try to get that squared away first. Contact your creditors and ask that they remove any negative reporting from the 3 bureaus, if that doesn't work, you can contact credit bureaus directly and dispute the blackmarks. Being only Dec. 9, you should be able to have it all cleaned up in time for spring.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:52 AM
LawnSite Member

finance

im in the same boat try kubota nice machine easy finance got a zg 222 0% for 42 mths.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I have done a couple of mower leases, with a 10% buyout cost at the end of the lease. Worked out well for me. Just make sure you understand the terms of the lease.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I also lease my mowers with a 10% buyout at the end of 2 years or turn mowers in and get new ones, good thing about it im never without a warranty. Also if they have to keep my mower over night I get one to use. Works out great. New equipment leasing, 800-589-3336