Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-21-2008, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Junior

I see you are from South Carolina. I'm in Jacksonville, North Carolina this week visiting my daughter. Sure is beautiful countryside up here and the weather is perfect.

2013 Cat 299D XHP

Bobcat Flail Cutter
84" Custom Built Scarifier
84" Custom Built Mini Dozer Blade/Grapple Bucket
84" Custom Built Ripper/Ring Roller
84" Level Best Dual Slope Box Grader with Power Masts

http://happytrack.com/html/track_0.html
Old 10-21-2008, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, it is nice up there. Where I live its not that great.. We do have some beautiful swamps, if you ever have the chance you should stop by and we can take you to Santee, only when its warm though, thats when Santee is awesome...

North Carolina is an awesome place to be this time of year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm335 View Post
Yeah, it is nice up there. Where I live its not that great.. We do have some beautiful swamps, if you ever have the chance you should stop by and we can take you to Santee, only when its warm though, thats when Santee is awesome...

North Carolina is an awesome place to be this time of year...
does it snow where you are
Old 10-21-2008, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsops View Post
does it snow where you are
Not like it does in ohio, They shut down the state, I mean closing banks and telling state employee's to go home when they even think its going to snow, They forcasted like 1/2in of snow one year and dad had to stay at work late to put chains on the trucks.. I have lived here since December of 2001, the most I have ever seen was like an 1in. Its ridiculous how bad people are about a little snow..

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Not like it does in ohio, They shut down the state, I mean closing banks and telling state employee's to go home when they even think its going to snow, They forcasted like 1/2in of snow one year and dad had to stay at work late to put chains on the trucks.. I have lived here since December of 2001, the most I have ever seen was like an 1in. Its ridiculous how bad people are about a little snow..
Living in North Carolina for everyday day of my life and can agree with that comment. The most snow I have ever seen here was 18" and I mean the city, 1 million + people was shut down for a week. I mean for the first 2 or 3 days Nothing happened, I live on a main road and it was 3 days before the first grader came down the road.
Might have helped if we had more than 12 plows and 1000 tons of salt.
It's been pretty mild here for that last few winters, last winter I remember temps reaching 70 degrees in Dec.

For some reason I think were going to have a bad winter this year, don't know why, just have a feeling.

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 10-21-2008, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
For some reason I think were going to have a bad winter this year, don't know why, just have a feeling.
Me to! Alot of guys around are saying the same thing, We are in for it to. It was in the 30's this morning, and we got a pretty good frost Monday morning.. I think its just going to get worse from now on...

Quote:

Old 10-21-2008, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Sounds like my little corner of South Jersey