Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2014, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Bypass agitation

I just got a gregson Clark skid sprayer with a udor 43gr pump and the agitation line is run off the bypass line from the pump. The pump manual says to never run the agitation from the bypass line. So I'm just wondering why it's hooked up like this. My old skid has a hypro d252 pump with a tee fitting on the pressure line that goes to the hose reel the line on tee fitting is used for agitation. The bypass from the pump dumps back in top of the tank. Will there be better agitation with the gregson way and will I have any pump problems with this set up?
Old 01-24-2014, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

This, as you describe it, is a very common setup. When the gun trigger is closed, the pressure is at the set level and all the excess flow from the pump goes to the tank. This is fine--however--you might get slightly more flow if the T-connection which flows back to the top of the tank is instead connected with a T connection to the agitation line. This allows agitation at low pressure, (and in theory) more gallons per minute.
You are right--you could perhaps trade hoses and run the pump regulator bypass into the top of the tank and The Tee and valve off the pressure hose to the agitation nozzle, (or nozzles).
Old 01-24-2014, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok, thanks riggle
Posted via Mobile Device