Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-30-2008, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Two trencher crews

Thinking about trying to run to trenching crews ,but!!!!

Need more equipment,imagine thatgot two trenchers,two minis and support equipment,but need another CTL for backfilling.

Need to rent or lease for now.Would wether rent.Will rentals places rent by the hour and not days.Reason for that the machine would be setting quite abit of the time while trenching.So hour wouldn't add up to fast.

Could trenching most of the day then backfill later in the day.Might need it to back fill trench to make my connections.

Any other thoughts? I'm looking at getting 4+1 bucket.Checking Bobcats,with the 0% for 42 months.Only thing is i need to get it done now since two more days and that is gone.Oct. 31 deadline.

Rental palce is 20 miles away and does have a CTL machine.So that is option.Dealers don't have any CTL setting around close and it would have to be a demo machine.

Guess i could check with my Cat dealer,they would have something,but is 2 hour drive away?Plus the never ending rainy season is back,winter on the way.What i'm i thinking,getting more done before winter hits
Old 10-30-2008, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Trenching for what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Also would like some thoughts on the Bobcat 4+1 buckets. Ron has given his ,but looking for more thoughts and so fore.

The bolt on edge looks good idea.They say on their website they have extra reinforment on the bottom of bucket.Other options welcome ,but the )% percent interest helps.Dealer is 16 miles away,so that is good.

Ron!!!!!!!!!! how is the tilttac working out for youIs it tuff enough to use with an 84" bucket?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm335 View Post
Trenching for what?
I do field drainage tiling(trenching ) for farmers and install a lot of feet of drainage tile.So lots of backfilling.Last job put in 50k feet of tile.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Constructo: If you rent, which I think would be a good idea, work out a deal with the rental store that your rental amount paid goes to your down payment if you decide to buy.
I don't know the cost of the bobcat 4/1 bucket......post that and I will do some comparison shopping
Old 10-30-2008, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Member

You may have to lease a machine most rental places are day rentals that go off the hour meter you can work the machine for 8 hours once it goes past 8 hours your in the next day rental. It was that way when I worked for a rental shop.

If you lease a machine you will be gauranteed it will be new so if you do want to buy it its a new machine not a beat to h*ll rental.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well,just got home from work it is dark so was time to quit.

This morning call rental place and they have a Mustang 20 which is an 80 hp machine.Rent $250 a day,680 a week, and 2500 a month.I'm thinking month would be best for me.

Could use it a month,by then thing will be going south afar as winter setting in.Next size down was MTL16,might do the just just slower.2000 a month.How this sound to what some of you guys have paid for rentals??????

Rock not wanting to buy a machine really since just bought a new mini, and 4-wheeler for work.

I'm going to get a 4-1 Bobcat bucket.$4700 out the door.Heavyduty bucket with bolt on cutting edge and teeth.Got to get around early in the morning to get my credit check and sign things.

Up in the air on the rent thing.Need another operator,but got one that can help fpo a while.

Well off to neighbors for supper.Thanks for the replys
Old 10-30-2008, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Construct'O, those rental rates sound about the same as up here. Sometimes it sucks to pay for rentals but it is a way to get hold of a machine and if work dries up you can send it back and walk away, if you stay busy then keep the machine and maybe end up buying it.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Construct'O View Post
Also would like some thoughts on the Bobcat 4+1 buckets. Ron has given his ,but looking for more thoughts and so fore.

The bolt on edge looks good idea.They say on their website they have extra reinforment on the bottom of bucket.Other options welcome ,but the )% percent interest helps.Dealer is 16 miles away,so that is good.

Ron!!!!!!!!!! how is the tilttac working out for youIs it tuff enough to use with an 84" bucket?
There's a dude in town with a T250, and his Tilt-Tach never comes off, so I guess they are tough.

Virnig has a nice combo bucket, minimax has a sweet one too, look for the type that have bolt on edges on the dozer blade part, I do a lot of final scraping and that edge wears fast.
Cat's combo buckets look more like Virnigs, and they look a little beefier.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 10-30-2008, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

$4700 dollars sounds way to high to me.I payed $2500 for a 78" 4 in 1 from deere with the bolt on edge.

minimax
10' Deere 323D CTL cab,EH controls,high flow,reverising fan 78" 4-in-1 bucket,US mower 72" Razor flail head, Deere PR96 power rake,Faver grapple
05' Kaufman gooseneck 14k trailer
00' FL70 Freightliner dump truck w/t high lift gate
00' Trail king tk20 trailer
97' Deere F1145 front mower