Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-14-2002, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My new site.

Wow, I have alot to learn but I don't think I did too bad from no formal training and just starting this last week.

I am using Frontpage 2000 and would like you guys to generally take it apart and tell me how to do things different and/or better.

I have a million questions about the intricacies of the program but I'm gonna try to learn on my own before I bother all of you.

its at

www.4BALC.com

Run around it a few times. I don't have many graphics or pics yet but it is a start fot the advertising season.

Let me know what you think-either here or thru the e-mail
Thanks
Ed
Old 02-14-2002, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, just checking out ur page and what i have done is gone to each page and found any typos, good things or bad things or whatever to help u improve ur page. not criticizing ur page at all for i really like it, just want to help u out and help u make it better, thats what we are here for right? looks very good for being done in only one week, frontpage is great software isnt it?
first thing that has caught my eye is under services under fall clean its leaves not leafs. for your links at the top of the services page anyway to make them one row or the same amount on the two rows? also no need for two sets of links for each service in my opinion, if i were u i would remove the set on the left and leave the text. ON ur aeration page u repeat urself in the first paragraph last sentence. On your mulching page the last paragraph i dont think is needed it just repeats the fact that u prefer to use ceder mulch. Once again on fall clean page u use leafs instead of leaves. I know on ur homepage u want the services page to stand out but the size just doesnt look right. ilove ur backround on the homepage may i ask where u got it? also the patch of grass looks perfect. Other thing that caught my eye is the good graphics that u use to help show instead of tell about ur services especially on the aeration page. you may want to put the links on homepage next to each other instead of up and down, the marquee (sp) i think its called is awesome, great eye catcher!
Old 02-15-2002, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Member

I say...

I think it is a good start! I like the scrolling marquee!
Pages look neater when there is a little LoCoMoTiOn!
Old 02-16-2002, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks guys.

STS,
The reason I started this thread is to get guys like you doing just what you did. I thank you.

I take all input as positive. It will help me to further develop and refine the site. Everyone likes positive feedback its human nature and I appreciate it also. I do however know that this is my first effort and there are many people with differing skill levels that see different things. If you see something that doesn't look right to you then I want to know because it may not look right to my customers. Its not personal, its business. Any comments help make my business better. I welcome ALL comments.

I am not trying to sell anything to anyone on Lawnsite but I am going to be using this site to sell to my customers. The more input I have is a bonus to me.
Thanks NewOrleans for your thoughts also. Hows the Headache after MardiGras?

I thank you gents for viewing the site and wish you success on your own endeavors.
Ed
Old 02-16-2002, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

no problem at all ed, thats what we are here for is helping each other out, i dont consider myself a pro but i have constructed many sites before, i must say u did an awesome job for a first webpage. often when someone is proof reading there website they will not see errors, just like when proofreading any document, u can read it and read it again and will miss the same thing, just the way the brain works i guess.
great site
good job
good luck
Old 02-18-2002, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I took some of the suggestions and made changes, particularly to the index page. The black didn't match.
Sts, the black background was a download update from microsofts site for frontpage. I think its called asphalt.
Old 02-18-2002, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i was just curious cause it looked like soil :-)