Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-20-2016, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Member

New website. Be frank I can take it.

http://www.lushlawnplus.com

Be honest I really value the advise here.
Thanks in advance.
-Jeff
Old 01-20-2016, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

why is the top an ad for wildbirds unlimited?
on my screen the mid picture and bottom are blurry
the 1,2,3,4 would be better to have separate link with more info on the benefits of hiring you to do that service.

My thoughts only
Old 01-20-2016, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Jeff, Check over all your text for correct spelling and punctuation.
Your headline in the box on the services page is confusing. It is very difficult to grasp at first reading. Even after repeated readings, I'm not sure what you were trying to say. The best writing uses simple words and simple structure. Do you mean "Let us take care of your landscape. We know how to do it."

starrynightlighting.com

"Always look on the bright side of life."
Old 01-20-2016, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry night View Post
Hey Jeff, Check over all your text for correct spelling and punctuation.
Your headline in the box on the services page is confusing. It is very difficult to grasp at first reading. Even after repeated readings, I'm not sure what you were trying to say. The best writing uses simple words and simple structure. Do you mean "Let us take care of your landscape. We know how to do it."
Thanks for the input. I don't see the spelling mistakes, doesn't mean there isn't any though. And I don't understand Let us take care of your business I don't even see that statement on page.
Please be more specific. Thanks Jeff
Old 01-20-2016, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Without spending all day looking around here are a couple things I noticed.

The lawn above "we set the standard" is a stock photo everyone uses that probably doesn't look like the lawns you mow. Frankly, I used that photo when I first started now I look back and shake my head. I also don't know if you need the apostrophe after clients'.

The background pictures are pixelated.

The phone number on the front page is small. Being bigger may be a good idea.

Having "Best price guarantee" is probably a bad business decision because you're committing to beat someones price despite their price potentially not being profitable. Also, if someone wants you to beat a price, then they get a yearly package are they getting 20% off of the price you beat? You might be working for nothing. Personally I feel mentioning you have competitive pricing is fine, but advertising you're the cheapest guy in town might get you all the wrong clients, and make you not earn near what you could be.

Eventually you may want to create a drop down menu for your services so they can each have their own page. You can go more into depth on each service, have pictures etc.

You may want to make your site more narrow. It really doesn't need to be much over 1000 pixels wide to have all the content you really need. It kind of stretches your background images out which adds to the pixelation.

Having a little picture of you on your about us page may be helpful.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Great points Thanks so much.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lushlawnplus View Post
Thanks for the input. I don't see the spelling mistakes, doesn't mean there isn't any though. And I don't understand Let us take care of your business I don't even see that statement on page.
Please be more specific. Thanks Jeff
I didn't take the time to read every line of text but there are several spelling errors in what I did read. Have someone edit it who can see those errors at a glance.
I was referring to he text on the services page in the white box right near the top of the page:
"Landscape Maintenance
Having a trusted partner handling all
your landscape needs makes seemingly
endless property management issues
much more manageable."

I find that sentence hard to read. Make it simple; something like what I suggested. (if that is what you meant)

Here's the Catch 22 in the text of websites. The web experts on here usually tell everybody to write more; that Google wants more words. But my perspective as a writer is different. Most visitors don't want to read a lot of text. They are seeking certain information and they are seeking it fast. They need to understand quickly what you do write or they will be gone from the page quickly.

starrynightlighting.com

"Always look on the bright side of life."
Old 01-20-2016, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Member

The site took an awfully long time to load on my phone. I timed it at 16 seconds before it was fully loaded. I just took a speed test and got 97.55 mbps down and 74.12 mbps up, so my internet is not the problem. The page took so long to load, that I might click back and look for another site if I was a customer looking for lawn care.

Also, the bird advertisement is still there.

Other than that, I actually really like the style of the site.

Isuzu NPR HD, Ram 1500, Tandem Axle Trailer, Scag 52" Turf Tiger, Scag 52" SWZT, Lesco 48" Walk Behind, Red Max hand helds
Old 01-20-2016, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Are they all pictures of your work? If not get local pictures of your work so customers know you are local .
Old 01-20-2016, 07:54 PM
Sponsor

In addition to the advice already given, I think the Service page would be a little better with more images. For example, instead of having your services listed out and then a full write-up on each service on this page, have pictures with a short caption and the option to click through and read more.