Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-18-2009, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loupiscopolandscaping View Post
i have selective....good but i hear from other landscapers expensive... ive never made a clamn and weve been in business since 1974
Look at you Lawnsite addict...lol!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-18-2009, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
Look at you Lawnsite addict...lol!
We try not to wake you up.

www.ruizlawn.com
Old 02-18-2009, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hahaha im trying to be bill deprierro. lol just playing just trying to get info on these clients... i received a grand yesturday now im down to 9 g's lol
Old 02-18-2009, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mruiz View Post
We try not to wake you up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loupiscopolandscaping View Post
hahaha im trying to be bill deprierro. lol just playing just trying to get info on these clients... i received a grand yesturday now im down to 9 g's lol
Hell yeah, I was sleeping. Just had to get some Lawnsite time before I went to physical therapy.

Lou--That's some improvement with payments.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-18-2009, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hahaha ive been playing phone tag with another client for 450 lets see what happens
Old 02-22-2009, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Does anyone have a spot where we're all gonna meet up at the Meadowlands show? Any ideas. If anyone wants to trade numbers so we can catch up at the show, shoot me a PM.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-22-2009, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
Does anyone have a spot where we're all gonna meet up at the Meadowlands show? Any ideas. If anyone wants to trade numbers so we can catch up at the show, shoot me a PM.
What day is the show??? I am so busy that I forgot and I'm way to lazy to get my butt off the bed. If the show is wednesday, than I'm a no go Something came up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMax Man View Post
Walker is for those who go above the standard of mowing and strive to Manicure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
Tentatively speaking, kinda... I think... And maybe, thou I sure hope so, sure would be nice.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCreek View Post
What day is the show??? I am so busy that I forgot and I'm way to lazy to get my butt off the bed. If the show is wednesday, than I'm a no go Something came up.
Yeah, that's sucks, it's on Wednesday. What's more important than looking at mowers and power equipment all day? lol
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-24-2009, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I just figured that you guys might appreciate this. It is a little long, but it's hilarious. I had to do some editing. lol

Jersey Born, Jersey Bred, Jersey Trash Till I'm dead!

Yeah, I'm from Jersey, have been all my life. I'm gonna give you everything about jersey, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

First... New Jersey people are conceited. It's true. We hate everyone else. And we think we are better than everyone else. And we never stop talking about how great jersey is. Then we tell people to "shut the f up" when they tell us all we talk about is jersey. I just recently was in the south ... and I can honestly say, that I do think I am better than them. It's not my fault. It's cause I'm from jersey. My friends and I were the rudest, most obnoxious people there. Everyone just stared at us. Then we saw other rude people, and I asked them where they were from. They said jersey.

Why are New Jersey people self centered? Because we have reason to be.

Next, some of the most famous people have come from our state. Just to name A FEW... Frank Sinatra, Bruce Springsteen, Kevin Smith, Whitney Houston, Martha Stewart, Lauryn Hill, Catch 22, Anne Hathaway, Queen Latifa, My Chemical Romance, Bon Jovi, Jack Nicholson, Bruce Willis, The Four Seasons, Danny Devito, Tom Cruise .. and the list Goes on.

Not only do we have famous people, we rank in the top 10 of smartest states every year.

Not only are we smart & famous...we're rich. Bergen, Somerset, Morris, & Hunderton counties rank in the countries top 15 richest counties. And despite the slums of Newark (yes, Newark, not New -ark) & Camden which are some of the countries most dangerous places to live, we have 4 of the top 10 safest cities to live in the US.

And we smell? Yeah, we do. New Jersey smells like AS*. On the turnpike, between exits 14 and 17. That's like, 5 percent of the entire state.. Bayonne, Port Newark, and Secaucus. And the surrounding areas. That's it. The majority of the state smells like trees. Because the majority of the state is trees. In fact, three of New Jersey's cities rank in the countries top 10 least polluted cities. So shove it.

New Jersey is ideal. I live 20 minutes away from New York City and 45 minutes away from the famous jersey shore, which by the way is amazing. You think your beach is better? F you. Why do you think MTV's true life had an episode titled "I'm a Jersey Shore girl." Because it's the best f'ing shore in the country.

My house is 3 minutes to the nearest mall, 5 minutes to the next, and a 10 to the next. I just Counted 7 malls within a half hour of my house. Find me another state that has all that to offer.

Yeah, we have accents. Who gives a sh*t? Everyone has an accent. And no, we don't say "Joisey." We do say "cawfee and tawk." But I can tell you it's a hell of a better accent than you bit**es from the south.

Hungry? Don't worry. We have 24 hour diners. A million of them. We also have Hoboken which has some of the finest places to eat. And you have not had real Italian food until you come here. Okay?

And WE can't drive? NO.. YOU can't drive. In the south the speed limit signs read: speed limit 60.. minimum 45. WHAT? That's why you people can't drive. Who has a minimum speed limit? New Jersey drivers like pissing other people off solely because of the reputation. This is what we will do...just so you know...if we see an out of state license plate, we'll tailgate your as*. Probably because you're only doing the speed limit & we want to go 20 over. Then, we'll cut you off... and go slow in front of you. Because we can. And because when you go home you're gonna complain about us. We like it, it doesn't bother us….it’s what we want.

We like fast things. Things move too slow in other states. You can tell that someone's from New Jersey by the way they walk. They walk really fast and have a strut that says "I'm better than you."

Music scene? Amazing. Remember Hunka Bunka?...DJais, and last but definitely not least... TEMPTS!!! Enough said. We also have the best local bands... The rap scene, I don't know much about that, but I know it's there…& I know it's good. Obviously the club scene. You don't know club music until you come into New Jersey... SERIOUSLY. - - - - "We don't pump our gas ... we pump our fists."

Just shut the f up. If you go to Seaside boardwalk or Belmar. You'll probably see some of the trashiest, skankiest girls & some of the most guido, gelled up hair, armani exchange wearing boys that take too many steroids and have too much sex… But they are gorgeous and they know how to dance better than anyone you ever met in your life. So yeah, the stereotype that all jersey chicks are trashy, is true ... but only if you go to Seaside. That's pretty much it. The rest of the state is full of confident, beautiful people that speak their mind.

The majority of Jersey people are Italian, or wish they were. We drink & smoke way too much. Oh yeah and we throw the sickest parties ... in the woods.

What else? Giants, Jets, Nets, and of course the Devils. They're better than you. So shut the f up. And we have more Yankee fans than New York City. Come to jersey with a sox hat on ... I f'n dare you!

And oh yeah, we say "yo." Often. And "f." I don't complain that you say "y'all" so don't complain that I say "yo."

To sum up New Jersey, yeah, most of the stereotypes are true, probably for about 5 percent of the state. The rest of the state is beautiful.

And yeah, we hate you. We love ourselves. Wanna know why? Because all you bit**es hate us. How would you feel if the other 49 states spent all their time talking ****? We deserve to be our own country cause we're that cool.

"Rise up, my fellow New Jerseyans, for we are all members of a confused but noble race. We of the state that will never get any respect, we who bear the cruelness of the forever uncool. A chip on the shoulders of those with forever something to prove. And even with this wonderful hall of fame, we know that there's another bad Jersey joke just around the corner.
But fear not, fear not! This is not our curse. It is our blessing. For this is what infused us with our fighting spirit, that we may salute the world forever with the fabulous Jersey state bird. And that the fumes from our great northern industrial area, to the ocean breezes of Cape May, fill us with the raw hunger, the naked ambition and the desire not just to do our best, but to stick it in your face. Theory of relativity, anybody? How about some electric light with your day? Or maybe a spin to the moon and back? That's right. And that is why our fellow Americans in those other 49 states know that when the announcer says, "And now, in this corner, from New Jersey..." they'd better keep their hands up and their heads down, cause when that bell rings, we always come out swinging. God bless the Garden State."
-Bruce Springsteen
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-24-2009, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There is no way that bruce said that. Everyone says that you cant understand a word Bruce says....Oh wait....There not from jersey. God Bless Jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMax Man View Post
Walker is for those who go above the standard of mowing and strive to Manicure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
Tentatively speaking, kinda... I think... And maybe, thou I sure hope so, sure would be nice.