Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-26-2009, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

most people I've been giving estimates to here are waiting until April to start really doing stuff....but we are def a week behind you guys in weather temps.

oh and i signed up for the green care for troops....
Old 03-26-2009, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnj18 View Post
most people I've been giving estimates to here are waiting until April to start really doing stuff....but we are def a week behind you guys in weather temps.

Good for you, man. It's a really cool program and is really rewarding. Let me know how it goes for you.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 03-27-2009, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnj18 View Post

nnj18, I'm happy to hear that you joined GreenCare.

I'm working on getting another list up on zip codes of military families posted.

DLawn Thanks for the phone call yesterday, I'm glad to hear that you picked up two families. WOW!!

www.ruizlawn.com
Old 03-27-2009, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

MRUIZ let me know if you get another list, or know of any families in the freehold area, I signed up but they don't have anyone in the freehold area in need right now. I saw you on the road driving today, good looking Ram you have
Old 03-27-2009, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dlawns, what is the process of getting involved. I am in the state of NH. and do lawn installation. I have tried contacted evergreen, but never heard back... I would like to touch base with someone. I dont think my line of work is in a huge demand, however i think it could be used by someone.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot4819 View Post
Dlawns, what is the process of getting involved. I am in the state of NH. and do lawn installation. I have tried contacted evergreen, but never heard back... I would like to touch base with someone. I dont think my line of work is in a huge demand, however i think it could be used by someone.
I would call Joy Westenberg at 877-758-4835 or email her at joywestenberg@projectevergreen.com. Just give her a call or shoot her an email. Just give her a couple of days to respond because she is very busy as she handles the program for all 50 states. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions just ask.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 03-28-2009, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Insurance Question?

I just figured I would run this number past you guys and see if you thought it sounded right. I got a quote through Bollinger Insurance for a million in general liability and coverage on my trailer, insurance on my 2003 f-350, and my 96 f-superduty mason dump. It was quoted at $3,055 for the year......

Does this sound alright to you guys? Should I look around some more? I really dont have time to look to much, I really need to accept a proposal monday and be ready to work by tuesday.

Thanks for the input
Old 03-29-2009, 01:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDavisLandscapes View Post
I just figured I would run this number past you guys and see if you thought it sounded right. I got a quote through Bollinger Insurance for a million in general liability and coverage on my trailer, insurance on my 2003 f-350, and my 96 f-superduty mason dump. It was quoted at $3,055 for the year......

Does this sound alright to you guys? Should I look around some more? I really dont have time to look to much, I really need to accept a proposal monday and be ready to work by tuesday.

Thanks for the input
That sounds about right....maybe slightly high, but I really don't think it's too bad. I have a really good insurance company that I deal with. There name is Brauer, Hanson, and Izdebski. They are located in Toms River but they have other offices also. Ask for Johanna and tell her that Bill Depierro sent you. Their number is 732-349-1641. Hope this helps a bit.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 03-29-2009, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
That sounds about right....maybe slightly high, but I really don't think it's too bad. I have a really good insurance company that I deal with. There name is Brauer, Hanson, and Izdebski. They are located in Toms River but they have other offices also. Ask for Johanna and tell her that Bill Depierro sent you. Their number is 732-349-1641. Hope this helps a bit.
Hey Bill, I guess you didnt call Farm Family for a quote.
Because you would have switched. 100% of the landscapers I know that called, changed.
Farm Family specializes in Lawn and landscape companies, typically 30-50% cheaper than your avg insurance and better coverage from a higher ranked insurance company....
That sounds like a commercial.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLANDS View Post
Hey Bill, I guess you didnt call Farm Family for a quote.
Because you would have switched. 100% of the landscapers I know that called, changed.
Farm Family specializes in Lawn and landscape companies, typically 30-50% cheaper than your avg insurance and better coverage from a higher ranked insurance company....
That sounds like a commercial.
No man...I appreciate the heads up...but for right now I'm very happy where I'm at. They treat me very well and are always shopping for the best prices for me. Plus they are on the ball with everything. My coverage is phenomenal and they took great care of me through my shoulder surgery and everything that was involved. Besides that they are an awesome customer.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com