Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-04-2010, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We got a winner! I live in Waretown exit 69 off the parkway but do alot of work on LBI. Of course it never snows here so I don't provide any snow removal and than this year people have been killing it. I will be at home twiddling my thumbs again this weekend. I actually have a patio that we are in the middle of doing its a week long project turned into a month with the weather.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

D and Vog you guys ready for this storm tomorrow?? From what I just saw you will get a nice amount. Up here we are only suppose to get like 3"-6"
Old 02-04-2010, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
D and Vog you guys ready for this storm tomorrow?? From what I just saw you will get a nice amount. Up here we are only suppose to get like 3"-6"
yess sirr just went today and fixed anything that was iffy with my snowblowers from the dec storm. ill have 3 snow blowers running and 3 trucks. have about 6 businesses and 40 resis!!!

www.Vogel-Landscaping.com
Old 02-04-2010, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
yup... equipments ready to go....check, workers are ready to go...check, waiting for the blizzard....check. Haha
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-04-2010, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
yup... equipments ready to go....check, workers are ready to go...check, waiting for the blizzard....check. Haha
back in dec during that big storm 5 of my guys didnt show up!! it was me my father and my uncle (both older. father is my partner. uncle out of work due to economy and both are older.) so 5 guys stiffed us. we didnt get the first helper in till 10am then got 3 more around 1pm. still did about 50 properties but we were working till 12pm lol.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

To be honest Id rather have several small 2"-4" storms compared to a few big ones. The smaller ones are easier to make more money.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yea smaller storms are better and much easier on the equipment

But then again its great to be out for 2 days plowing

be safe everyone

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692

Old 02-05-2010, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
To be honest Id rather have several small 2"-4" storms compared to a few big ones. The smaller ones are easier to make more money.
same here, easier to handle the lighter storms...even a few snow dustings we've had over the last couple weeks brought in decent cash
Old 02-05-2010, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel-Landscaping View Post
back in dec during that big storm 5 of my guys didnt show up!! it was me my father and my uncle (both older. father is my partner. uncle out of work due to economy and both are older.) so 5 guys stiffed us. we didnt get the first helper in till 10am then got 3 more around 1pm. still did about 50 properties but we were working till 12pm lol.
Dude I feel your pain. We don't do the amount of work that you guys do, we just do some driveways, but the last storm it was myself, and I brought in two guys. Should have been more than enough, but one all of a sudden had to leave and one cried the whole time and had to go change his boots b/c he wore crappy boots and they got wet. So I called my brother and a friend of mine and they got me through the rest of the day. We worked till about 1:30. When all was said and done I got in around 2:30 am,, my wife told me she was pregnant and then I had to be awake in a couple hours to pick up my best friend/employee in Willow Grove PA from his deployment in Iraq! I will never forget the storm of 09! lol
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
Dude I feel your pain. We don't do the amount of work that you guys do, we just do some driveways, but the last storm it was myself, and I brought in two guys. Should have been more than enough, but one all of a sudden had to leave and one cried the whole time and had to go change his boots b/c he wore crappy boots and they got wet. So I called my brother and a friend of mine and they got me through the rest of the day. We worked till about 1:30. When all was said and done I got in around 2:30 am,, my wife told me she was pregnant and then I had to be awake in a couple hours to pick up my best friend/employee in Willow Grove PA from his deployment in Iraq! I will never forget the storm of 09! lol
haha damn man thats rough!