Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-27-2010, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
Wow, we got nothing like you guys...we got like 4" tops. Well we got about 3-4" than tons of rain which washed most of it away, then another 4" give or take. Weird storm in my area....
its been a strange winter, a few storms ago you guys got pounded with like 2 ft and we didnt see a flake. Right across the street from one of my dealers a roof collapsed from the weight of the snow, alot of trees & power lines down too
Old 02-27-2010, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Right now I'm running a 91 f150 5liter stick. This past storm I was pushing every bit of 18" in lodi
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2010, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassMasterslawnserv View Post
Right now I'm running a 91 f150 5liter stick. This past storm I was pushing every bit of 18" in lodi
Posted via Mobile Device

how is it plowing with a stick ? I need a second truck and auto trucks are a little more money

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692

Old 02-27-2010, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Its really not bad plowing with a stick shift....providing that you have the right guy driving it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2010, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Get this guys. I had a client before who discontinued service. He is the owner of a construction business. After attempt after attempt to collect his remaining balance (which was only a hundred or so maybe 2) he slipped through the cracks. So we let him slide for whatever reasons. Well he has a friend that owns 2 differet franchise restaruaunts on a major rd on my area RIGHT NEXT to each other. My ex customers friend was asking him about a landscaping for both properties. Well my x customer calls and tells us never knew he owed us any money and gave us a great great recommendation. Hopefully this would come through it would be a great account to have. A Lot of mulch, large parking lots for snow,and a lot of trimming. Also a lot of weeds growing through the parking lot. I just passed my right - of - way test for nj a few weeks ago. Not all bum customers end up being bums in the end i guess!!

www.Vogel-Landscaping.com
Old 02-28-2010, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel-Landscaping View Post
Get this guys. I had a client before who discontinued service. He is the owner of a construction business. After attempt after attempt to collect his remaining balance (which was only a hundred or so maybe 2) he slipped through the cracks. So we let him slide for whatever reasons. Well he has a friend that owns 2 differet franchise restaruaunts on a major rd on my area RIGHT NEXT to each other. My ex customers friend was asking him about a landscaping for both properties. Well my x customer calls and tells us never knew he owed us any money and gave us a great great recommendation. Hopefully this would come through it would be a great account to have. A Lot of mulch, large parking lots for snow,and a lot of trimming. Also a lot of weeds growing through the parking lot. I just passed my right - of - way test for nj a few weeks ago. Not all bum customers end up being bums in the end i guess!!
Thats awesome...good for you!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-28-2010, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
Thats awesome...good for you!
Hey bill do you or have you ever tried facebook. Reason i ask is because there is a little chat client on facebook in the bottom right corner. I think it would be cool if lawnsite had one. like while your posting if you wanted to IM with someone who is on the forum instead of the back and forth time it takes to post in a forum or private message!.. anyway have you ever tried it or nah?? anyone else that has tried facebook would you dig a little chat like that down in the corner of lawnsite or would it annoy all of you?

www.Vogel-Landscaping.com
Old 02-28-2010, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Hey bill do you or have you ever tried facebook. Reason i ask is because there is a little chat client on facebook in the bottom right corner. I think it would be cool if lawnsite had one. like while your posting if you wanted to IM with someone who is on the forum instead of the back and forth time it takes to post in a forum or private message!.. anyway have you ever tried it or nah?? anyone else that has tried facebook would you dig a little chat like that down in the corner of lawnsite or would it annoy all of you?
Yeah man....I'm a major facebooker, lol. I would love an IM feature on here. I want to say people have asked the mods to add a chatbox feature and they said they weren't going to be adding one. It would be so much easier. I have all the alerts to my phone for subscribed posts and PM's and visitor messages, which speeds things up, but an IM feature would be sick....
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-28-2010, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I just friend requested you on fb....lol At least I hope it was you...
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 03-01-2010, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Bill,
The state actually listed Toms river at 10" for the last storm. (whiting was 11)
Thought you should know. We got about that in Jackson, 3" thurs then 6"or so early Fri.