Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #781  
Old 02-27-2010, 02:51 PM
DJJS's Avatar
DJJS DJJS is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North NJ
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
Wow, we got nothing like you guys...we got like 4" tops. Well we got about 3-4" than tons of rain which washed most of it away, then another 4" give or take. Weird storm in my area....
its been a strange winter, a few storms ago you guys got pounded with like 2 ft and we didnt see a flake. Right across the street from one of my dealers a roof collapsed from the weight of the snow, alot of trees & power lines down too
Reply With Quote
  #782  
Old 02-27-2010, 03:00 PM
GrassMasterslawnserv GrassMasterslawnserv is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lodi New Jersey
Posts: 11
Right now I'm running a 91 f150 5liter stick. This past storm I was pushing every bit of 18" in lodi
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #783  
Old 02-27-2010, 07:09 PM
blk90s13 blk90s13 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Howell,NJ
Posts: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassMasterslawnserv View Post
Right now I'm running a 91 f150 5liter stick. This past storm I was pushing every bit of 18" in lodi
Posted via Mobile Device


how is it plowing with a stick ? I need a second truck and auto trucks are a little more money
__________________
God bless the USA

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692

Reply With Quote
  #784  
Old 02-27-2010, 07:22 PM
GrassMasterslawnserv GrassMasterslawnserv is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lodi New Jersey
Posts: 11
Its really not bad plowing with a stick shift....providing that you have the right guy driving it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #785  
Old 02-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Vogel-Landscaping's Avatar
Vogel-Landscaping Vogel-Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 214
Get this guys. I had a client before who discontinued service. He is the owner of a construction business. After attempt after attempt to collect his remaining balance (which was only a hundred or so maybe 2) he slipped through the cracks. So we let him slide for whatever reasons. Well he has a friend that owns 2 differet franchise restaruaunts on a major rd on my area RIGHT NEXT to each other. My ex customers friend was asking him about a landscaping for both properties. Well my x customer calls and tells us never knew he owed us any money and gave us a great great recommendation. Hopefully this would come through it would be a great account to have. A Lot of mulch, large parking lots for snow,and a lot of trimming. Also a lot of weeds growing through the parking lot. I just passed my right - of - way test for nj a few weeks ago. Not all bum customers end up being bums in the end i guess!!
__________________
David Vogel Jr.

www.Vogel-Landscaping.com
Reply With Quote
  #786  
Old 02-28-2010, 11:34 PM
DLAWNS's Avatar
DLAWNS DLAWNS is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ocean County,New Jersey
Posts: 5,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel-Landscaping View Post
Get this guys. I had a client before who discontinued service. He is the owner of a construction business. After attempt after attempt to collect his remaining balance (which was only a hundred or so maybe 2) he slipped through the cracks. So we let him slide for whatever reasons. Well he has a friend that owns 2 differet franchise restaruaunts on a major rd on my area RIGHT NEXT to each other. My ex customers friend was asking him about a landscaping for both properties. Well my x customer calls and tells us never knew he owed us any money and gave us a great great recommendation. Hopefully this would come through it would be a great account to have. A Lot of mulch, large parking lots for snow,and a lot of trimming. Also a lot of weeds growing through the parking lot. I just passed my right - of - way test for nj a few weeks ago. Not all bum customers end up being bums in the end i guess!!
Thats awesome...good for you!
__________________
Bill Depierro
Depierro Lawns Inc.
29 years old
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Reply With Quote
  #787  
Old 02-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Vogel-Landscaping's Avatar
Vogel-Landscaping Vogel-Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
Thats awesome...good for you!
Hey bill do you or have you ever tried facebook. Reason i ask is because there is a little chat client on facebook in the bottom right corner. I think it would be cool if lawnsite had one. like while your posting if you wanted to IM with someone who is on the forum instead of the back and forth time it takes to post in a forum or private message!.. anyway have you ever tried it or nah?? anyone else that has tried facebook would you dig a little chat like that down in the corner of lawnsite or would it annoy all of you?
__________________
David Vogel Jr.

www.Vogel-Landscaping.com
Reply With Quote
  #788  
Old 02-28-2010, 11:47 PM
DLAWNS's Avatar
DLAWNS DLAWNS is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ocean County,New Jersey
Posts: 5,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel-Landscaping View Post
Hey bill do you or have you ever tried facebook. Reason i ask is because there is a little chat client on facebook in the bottom right corner. I think it would be cool if lawnsite had one. like while your posting if you wanted to IM with someone who is on the forum instead of the back and forth time it takes to post in a forum or private message!.. anyway have you ever tried it or nah?? anyone else that has tried facebook would you dig a little chat like that down in the corner of lawnsite or would it annoy all of you?
Yeah man....I'm a major facebooker, lol. I would love an IM feature on here. I want to say people have asked the mods to add a chatbox feature and they said they weren't going to be adding one. It would be so much easier. I have all the alerts to my phone for subscribed posts and PM's and visitor messages, which speeds things up, but an IM feature would be sick....
__________________
Bill Depierro
Depierro Lawns Inc.
29 years old
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Reply With Quote
  #789  
Old 02-28-2010, 11:55 PM
DLAWNS's Avatar
DLAWNS DLAWNS is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ocean County,New Jersey
Posts: 5,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel-Landscaping View Post
Hey bill do you or have you ever tried facebook. Reason i ask is because there is a little chat client on facebook in the bottom right corner. I think it would be cool if lawnsite had one. like while your posting if you wanted to IM with someone who is on the forum instead of the back and forth time it takes to post in a forum or private message!.. anyway have you ever tried it or nah?? anyone else that has tried facebook would you dig a little chat like that down in the corner of lawnsite or would it annoy all of you?
I just friend requested you on fb....lol At least I hope it was you...
__________________
Bill Depierro
Depierro Lawns Inc.
29 years old
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Reply With Quote
  #790  
Old 03-01-2010, 07:04 PM
TJLANDS's Avatar
TJLANDS TJLANDS is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: JACKSON,NJ
Posts: 1,660
Hey Bill,
The state actually listed Toms river at 10" for the last storm. (whiting was 11)
Thought you should know. We got about that in Jackson, 3" thurs then 6"or so early Fri.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 AM.

Page generated in 0.09088 seconds with 8 queries