Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-12-2008, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Since I'm too busy with my main job I can't take any of my excavation bids right now, so I'll try and get pics of other dirt work going on after the major flooding we have today and tomorrow. We'll see if there's any good action shots out there.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty cool looking fossil, hard to belive that all that rock was ancient sea floor millions of years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 11-13-2008, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So here's a shot of them pulling loose rocks down onto the highway. They put a lot of sand down to protect the road. This is another neat shot of fossil.

And the final pic is of the sauk river as of yesterday and probably today. This is the same area where they were putting in logs and rocks etc. to keep the highway from washing out (see earlier pics.).
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2008, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Holy hell, that was a fern type fossil!

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 11-13-2008, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

wow thats pretty cool. we dont have slides like that around here
61'' Scag V-Ride 29 HP Kawi
48" Exmark Lazer Z HP
48'' Bobcat Ransome Mower
21'' Husqvarna Mower
Stihl FS55R Weedwacker
Stihl FS100RX Weedwacker
Stihl BR600 Backpack Blower
Stihl MS180C Chainsaw
Giant Vac Walk Behind Blower
Kawasaki KHT600S Hedge Trimmer
Giant Vac 16HP Leaf Loader
Old 11-14-2008, 05:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIHL GUY View Post
wow thats pretty cool. we dont have slides like that around here
Yeah we'll be dealing with these things until April or June. There's a huge mud slide south of me from the rain we had this past week. DOT might gets some pics of that and I'll put up for people to see. We have a lot of roads/highways that are in areas that see rocks slides and mudslides constantly. On top of that, the numerous avalanches we have throughout the winter.

Here's an example of a slide about 3 hours north and east of me (near where I used to live).
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2009, 04:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Road construction near my house. Volvo shot for Chris. Sorry it's blurry, didn't sit still while taking the pic. Another year of clearing the snow up north by DOT.
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2009, 04:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Some more pics of a big project near my house. Can't remember the details but it involves making the road wider, adding a stupid traffic circle and some other crap. I'll try to get more at some point. They do a lot of night work because it's easier to get the utilities moved and new ones installed due to high traffic during the day.

First pic of 135C is from a completely different site. The last pic of the 120C I just added because I found it interesting it had all kinds of hydraulics going on, pin grabber bkt, thumb and the fancy tilt attachment (whatever it's called). This is a pic I found on the net, from Oregon.
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2009, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopers View Post
Grademan,

Yup I know United has at least 200's for rent. I believe the one with the breaker is a 200.

I think it's an odd way to prevent debris jams in the river but I think Bobcat Ron is right. I was thinking it was just more support for the bank to prevent serious erosion. The Hitachis do look great together.

Gravelrat, I'd take SNOW any day over rain.

Tigerotor, the sauk river bank stabilization is in Darrington which is 40 minutes north of seattle and 30 miutes east of I5. So it's quite a ways out there. The slide pics are from SR 11 which goes between two counties about 60 minutes north of Seattle. It's a very, very nice drive. I used to live in the southern county the SR starts in and I loved just driving up and down it on good summer days and in the snow!

This pic shows a fossil impression that is found in the rocks from SR 11. It fell down during the slide. I thought it was kinda cool. A lot of fossils are found in the rock on this state route.

(not my hand btw)
I sure hope that fossil is your new paperweight!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Oh boy, Mid Mountain. Nobody runs more of that Deere garbage than them. They got a small gig in Mountlake Terrace in the median right by the Sound Transit parking garage thing, Marshbank has a couple hoes out there as well. Not really sure what they're up to, I see trench boxes but have yet to see any pipe go in the ground.

Buddy of mine I'm working with right now worked for Mid Mountain last year on that project by your place. They sure are taking forever on it, what's it been, like almost 2 years hasn't it?

Go hard, go fast, or go home