Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-16-2008, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSet N' Grade View Post
Ron,
How has that hopper held up. The more I see it and talk about it, the more I see a tremendous use for it.....
It's got a few dents in it and the bottom is pointing down from some large chunks of concrete I may have dropped at full height. It's actually really tough, but the tires should be bigger, like from a S220 or something, the bigger, the better........said my girl friend last night.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 11-16-2008, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

no ron you didnt hear her right she said "it would be better if it was bigger"
Old 11-16-2008, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm335 View Post
Personally, I dont see the purpose of the scraper, I believe you could be just as productive and make more accurate cuts with a bucket, there would probably be more money involved to get it fabbed than its worth.

yes im starting to think its just not worth the $$$ i figure around 5-7k to make what i want. that can be a down payment on a nice little dozer like a 450j lgp or a d41p. or it could be half of a old cat loader like a 950b or 966b.

not to mention a ct332 having to move 4-5 yards of dirt all day is going to be working its trax off all day but a 966 moving 5 yards is just doing a normal day.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
no ron you didnt hear her right she said "it would be better if it was bigger"

Or maybe you over heard her while she was leaving your best friends house.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
Oh, snap!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 11-16-2008, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 11-16-2008, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The scraper is the the best way. With Rons you either have to unhook your bucket to load or have a second machine there to do it. It works the same when you unload as well. With the scraper you have a self contained unit. Loading and unloading.

But at $14 to $15000 you better be able to use it, and make it pay.

A dozer is going to cost any where from $20 (Used) $100000 New. And if it sits then you can kiss that investment good by.

I just got done with a large flood recovey project. If I had just one of those Ashlands it could have been done in half the time with less people.

JR. I think you miss the point. with the scraper, its about moving volume fast. Instead of one bucket at a time. The scraper allows you to do it while you cut your grade or work your fill.

Picasso. How long do you plan on keeping your 332? If you trade before 1000 hrs, let someone else worry about track wear, the you get a new toy to talk about. And aren't you the one that has the wheel loader bucket on your CTL?

If I bank enough snow this winter, I am getting one of these.

Both have there place.

Last edited by J. Peterson Grading; 11-16-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Peterson Grading View Post
The scraper is the the best way. With Rons you either have to unhook your bucket to load or have a second machine there to do it. It works the same when you unload as well. With the scraper you have a self contained unit. Loading and unloading.

But at $14 to $15000 you better be able to use it, and make it pay.

A dozer is going to cost any where from $20 (Used) $100000 New. And if it sits then you can kiss that investment good by.

I just got done with a large flood recovey project. If I had just one of those Ashlands it could have been done in half the time with less people.

JR. I think you miss the point. with the scraper, its about moving volume fast. Instead of one bucket at a time. The scraper allows you to do it while you cut your grade or work your fill.

Picasso. How long do you plan on keeping your 332? If you trade before 1000 hrs, let someone else worry about track wear, the you get a new toy to talk about. And aren't you the one that has the wheel loader bucket on your CTL?

If I bank enough snow this winter, I am getting one of these.

Both have there place.

it sounds like you understand the idea goo and that was very good insight.

but it wont be the same as either the ashland or rons tub. it will be just like the ashland exept to dump it you will use the loader arms to raise it up and dump it in a pile. this would be to make it easier to build and cheaper.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Have you seen my mini rock box? It was a simple idea, Simple in theory. Then I had it built and $3500 later I have a awesome timesaver that sits on a shelf in my cold storage shop.

Point is. Your idea is a good one. But the size and scope of the fabrication is going to suprise you.

If you are using the aux Hyd, to adjust the cutting edge, why not just do it the same as the ashland?

The ashland isn't a new Idea at all, just a new application. I have seen many compact Ag type scraper. (Soil mover, Scoop All/carry All, Orthman to name a few) that make the excact same unit, but you pull it. You can locate them at just about any farm impliment dealership or ag salvage yard.

A good Fab shop could just modify it to your applications, and I bet it would be less expensive and work better.

J.
Attached Images

Last edited by J. Peterson Grading; 11-16-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Money would be the deciding point for me, try and get a rough idea on what it will cost to build what you want, and then see what it will cost to buy the ashland scraper and then modify it to your standards..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!

Tags
dumping , hopper