Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-11-2000, 02:11 PM

I have been thinking about investing in one of those small Palm organizers to help control my life. Are there any of you that use them for daily schedules, expenses and appointments. If so, which do you have and in what capacity do you use it ? Has anyone else thought about it, or is there another device on the market ?<p>Thanks for the reply.<p>jeff
Old 07-11-2000, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm a stuborn guinea so it took me a while just to give in to the whole internet craze, so I'll stick with my daily planner for now. I'd be lost with out that thing. Birthdays, anniversarys, appointments, I'd be a dead man.....but it always keeps me out of trouble. (AND I DON&quot;T HAVE TO PLUG IT IN!!) <br>I'd like to hear what kind of luck your having with those palm pilots though, I never really checked one out.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 07-11-2000, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

jeff,<br>I was also considering one. It would allow you to keep your current billing with you at all times. Phone numbers, addresses, etc. I didnt purchase one because the link to a PC. I use an old mac. The new Palm is internet ready. Lawnsite.com in the field! I think a laptop would be better, but worrying about theft would bother me.
Old 07-11-2000, 06:38 PM

Toroguy,<p>I also work on a mac, and you can link up a Palm and a Mac. I'm not clear as to what the different models do, and the website is not clear about the specs for each (only the most expensive). Do you know anything about the diffent models....they go from $150-$500 (which you can connect to the web). Thanks.<p>Jeff
Old 07-11-2000, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes I have used one in my sales job and it is great for data storage, expenses, notes, etc. The only reason I do not use it now is it fell out of my shirt pocket one too many times. They do not like to be dropped on hard surfaces. It would be a good tool to keep in the truck. A very nice feature is the hotsync to your pc the can be used with a contact manager if you use one. I will replace it when I feel they are a little more durable, but I am hard on portable electronics-I ready for my 3rd cell phone in 2 years. If you can break free from all paper and do not mind a little more computer time, they are great. BTW I had a Palm 3.
Old 07-11-2000, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

We use Ospro by Oregon Scientific
Old 07-12-2000, 01:39 PM

thanks to all who replied<br>jeff
Old 07-12-2000, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Speaking of technology, how many of you guys use the e-mail features of your phones to help in scheduling? I don't use this feature, but a friend of mine does and it helps him tremendously in where/when he needs to be.
Old 07-12-2000, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Use thaT too
Old 07-12-2000, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a Palm IIIx when they first came out in the spring of 1999. I used it all last year, bought all the accesories and many additional programs. <p>Scheduling, route lists, names, addresses and phone well all nice.<p>I finally realized I spent more time working ON it than WITH it.<p>Now my son uses it for school and video games.<p>