Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:17 PM
Lyon Lyon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Stonington ct
Posts: 34
A300 tire advice

Hey guys I've got a bobcat A300 with filled non directional tires 70% life.
I'll explain what I want to do. I spread sand on a few beaches. Small part of machines use but crucial. Do a lot of existing lawn driving thus the A300. The rest of the time I might be in mud or plowing snow. I think I can just put chains on my existing tires for snow. But Intreasted in what others have for a set up. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-01-2015, 11:08 AM
YellowDogSVC's Avatar
YellowDogSVC YellowDogSVC is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 3,606
Why do you use filled tires with the 300? Some guys use them down here for puncture resistance. I stopped because of the rougher ride and found that I get a lot better tire life.
Just curious..

Not sure how much of a PITA it would be on an AWS but have you thought bout beefy baby's or extra wide tires with low air pressure for sand use? Not sure if you could use the AWS but might be worth looking into. If you didn't have filled tires, I'm positive you would get better flotation by reducing air pressure. In an AWS you can run it down a lot and not worry too much about spinning the rim inside the tire.

For sand use, maybe a lighter ply tire with low air pressure so you get a bigger footprint. I typically run 12 ply and they don't flex much even with low air but my thinner ply tires do.
__________________

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Lyon Lyon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Stonington ct
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
Why do you use filled tires with the 300? Some guys use them down here for puncture resistance. I stopped because of the rougher ride and found that I get a lot better tire life.
Just curious..

Not sure how much of a PITA it would be on an AWS but have you thought bout beefy baby's or extra wide tires with low air pressure for sand use? Not sure if you could use the AWS but might be worth looking into. If you didn't have filled tires, I'm positive you would get better flotation by reducing air pressure. In an AWS you can run it down a lot and not worry too much about spinning the rim inside the tire.

For sand use, maybe a lighter ply tire with low air pressure so you get a bigger footprint. I typically run 12 ply and they don't flex much even with low air but my thinner ply tires do.
The machine came with the filled tires. I think I may add chains to them for winter plowing. But I do want new tires and rims for the rest of the year. The supper float might not fit on the trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-08-2015, 04:08 PM
MatthewG's Avatar
MatthewG MatthewG is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Slatington PA
Posts: 228
Get rid of the filled tires, it causes extreme wear on the machines steering components. ID look for lifemaster tires they are great year round. Why do you need chains, my A300 does great with the standard dirt tires on it with 155 hours.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-08-2015, 07:08 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,412
X2 on the lifemasters. Great tires
__________________
RJ All Day
Masonry and Landscapes
www.rjfalcone.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Lyon Lyon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Stonington ct
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewG View Post
Get rid of the filled tires, it causes extreme wear on the machines steering components. ID look for lifemaster tires they are great year round. Why do you need chains, my A300 does great with the standard dirt tires on it with 155 hours.
I'll check them out . The machine did a lot better than normal skid. I don't do a lot of snow removal but the condos I do in large storms has quite a lot of slopes. I found myself sliding down the road more than once. Some of the problem was operator experience and some was just ice. Once the tires spin it's over. I thought that the articulation and chains might be a great combo! And a cheap way out. I just need to get some input on how to set up the machine
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-14-2015, 04:04 PM
TomG's Avatar
TomG TomG is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Londonderry, NH
Posts: 663
I have Solideal Hauler SKZ tires on my A300 and highly, highly recommend them especially if you use the machine a lot in the winter. They are by far the best tires I have ever ran on a skid in the snow. They are a little more aggressive on lawns than a normal skid tire. And they will work the same if not a little better in sand as a normal skid tire.

http://www.camoplastsolideal.com/con...ucts/skidsteer
__________________
Tom

Anyone can run equipment, very few can operate.

Check out what I do.
http://www.youtube.com/thedirtninja

The company I work for.
http://www.interstatelandscapenh.com/

Follow me on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/TheDirtNinja
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-14-2015, 05:07 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,412
Thats the same tread pattern as the lifemasters tom. I agree. Sick in snow and sand. They dont like mud but most skid steers dont anyway
__________________
RJ All Day
Masonry and Landscapes
www.rjfalcone.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Lyon Lyon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Stonington ct
Posts: 34
Great info. It's nice to be able to hear from you guys that have the same machine. So many options out their. I appreciate it tom lyon
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-22-2015, 06:00 PM
Durallymax Durallymax is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Thats the same tread pattern as the lifemasters tom. I agree. Sick in snow and sand. They dont like mud but most skid steers dont anyway
They are one and the same. Good tire with long wear.


For pnuematic tires I like the Michelin Bibsteel AT the best. Very soft ride and large even footprint due to being a radial. Feels like you put an air ride seat in the machine. Great traction in snow and mud. They are steel belted so puncture resistance is very good. When we had all Titan Bias HD2000 (factory Cat tires) on three machines I fixed at least one a week, since switching two machines to Bibsteels I've only fixed one puncture in over 3,500hrs between the two sets. The third machine got Tweels so it obviously has no punctures. The 12" Bibsteels are lasting 2,000-2,500+ hrs for us where we would normally get no more than 1,000 out of the Titan HD2000, and even less out of Firestone Duraforces.

They do cost a bit more up front, but are cheapest to run overall. They have some pretty good prices on them lately.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.07176 seconds with 9 queries