Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2131  
Old 01-06-2010, 12:42 PM
93turbo's Avatar
93turbo 93turbo is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: marengo, Oh
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
Wow, you actually cared enough to do the math?!
No or Chris has some poor math skills

How fast does your takkie run Chris? According to my math thats 36 miles and at an average speed of 3mph thats gonna take 12 hours to move
Reply With Quote
  #2132  
Old 01-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93turbo View Post
No or Chris has some poor math skills

How fast does your takkie run Chris? According to my math thats 36 miles and at an average speed of 3mph thats gonna take 12 hours to move
I am going to guess poor math skills..
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #2133  
Old 01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
93turbo's Avatar
93turbo 93turbo is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: marengo, Oh
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
I am going to guess poor math skills..
Reply With Quote
  #2134  
Old 01-06-2010, 01:08 PM
stuvecorp's Avatar
stuvecorp stuvecorp is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: lake wissota, wi
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
I am going to guess poor math skills..
if you ran a Takkie in those conditions, math skills would be the least of your problems, right Chris?

Takkies have a high speed also...
__________________
Do or do not. There is no try. yoda
Reply With Quote
  #2135  
Old 01-06-2010, 01:34 PM
93turbo's Avatar
93turbo 93turbo is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: marengo, Oh
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
if you ran a Takkie in those conditions, math skills would be the least of your problems, right Chris?

Takkies have a high speed also...
LOL I wasn't sure about high speed or not either way thats gotta make for a long day
Reply With Quote
  #2136  
Old 01-06-2010, 04:51 PM
AWJ Services AWJ Services is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ga
Posts: 4,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
Probably 160 yards, 600' away, one yard at the time
makes for a boring ass day


Quote:
do that math, 600' long 160 times, then some grading... Thats driving over 20 miles with the takkie, thats a lot of bouncing!!
If you went there you had to come back so thats 1200' x 160 / 5280 =36 miles.

The Tak will do 6MPH + some change.
Reply With Quote
  #2137  
Old 01-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Dirtman2007's Avatar
Dirtman2007 Dirtman2007 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
If you went there you had to come back so thats 1200' x 160 / 5280 =36 miles.

The Tak will do 6MPH + some change.
yeah I forgot to double 600' as you have to drive back

I ran it in high speed so figure a good 5-6mph

it was a long bouncy ass day to say the least
__________________
Chris

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"


http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18


New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Reply With Quote
  #2138  
Old 01-06-2010, 06:54 PM
bobcat_ron's Avatar
bobcat_ron bobcat_ron is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia
Posts: 9,927
I did the speed of farts in a Bobcat S250 this afternoon and I got the video to back it up, damn they are fast, and it cornered really well!
__________________
“The only difference between a pigeon and a farmer today
is that a pigeon can still make a deposit on a John Deere.” - Harry De Jong



http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Reply With Quote
  #2139  
Old 01-06-2010, 08:43 PM
93turbo's Avatar
93turbo 93turbo is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: marengo, Oh
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
yeah I forgot to double 600' as you have to drive back

I ran it in high speed so figure a good 5-6mph

it was a long bouncy ass day to say the least
yeah you southeners must have some weird math cause 600x160/5280 = 18 miles and thats less then 20 not over LOL Its ok we'll just assume the takkie shook your hamster off his wheel. 5-6mph is pretty good but no way your gonna average that 3-4 is the best your gonna do..
Reply With Quote
  #2140  
Old 01-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Dirtman2007's Avatar
Dirtman2007 Dirtman2007 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93turbo View Post
yeah you southeners must have some weird math cause 600x160/5280 = 18 miles and thats less then 20 not over LOL Its ok we'll just assume the takkie shook your hamster off his wheel. 5-6mph is pretty good but no way your gonna average that 3-4 is the best your gonna do..
Well i figured 18 miles, then another 2 miles grading it all out. I just needed to add another 18 miles for going back for more dirt. Quit picking on me I have to run the damn thing again tomorrow
__________________
Chris

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"


http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18


New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Page generated in 0.11104 seconds with 8 queries