Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2011, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Better watch out. That inspector is going to get yaw, no matter what, now.

Wish you could have seen it happen, that inspector waste deep in mud would have been a real nice picture.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So this inspector fell in the mud and then left the site. Did she say anything to you on her way out? And also couldn't she tell by not only the caution tape all around the mucky area, but the fact that there were puddles and the whole place just looked plain wet that she shouldn't step there! I still don't see any reason why she was trying to walk there in the first place...
Old 02-24-2011, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Just think, this same level of intelligence and common sense is going to tell you how to do your job, what your doing wrong, and how they think it should be done.

And people wonder why contractors have a general disdain towards inspectors in all fields....

In this area, especially in the building trades, a lot of inspectors are people who didn't make it working in that particular trade for one reason or another. They couldn't cut it out in the field, so they became an inspector.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Inspectors, and the general public in general, tend to be pretty stupid when left to their own devices. Chris probably could have had jersey barriers and Do Not Enter (or Beware the Lepoard) signs around the borrow pit and someone would still end up walkin through it.

Personally, I've seen people haul ass down a road we had closed for months, and the only way they could is to get to that point was past the 4 Road Closed/Detour ahead signs, then around the two Road Closed Signs and cones and barriers. But we're the bad guys who get an ugly look and yelled at from their beemers and Lexus's. I find sometimes the best solution is to chase them back the way they came with a cat 938

"Once again, concussion by safety" -Mike Rowe
Old 02-24-2011, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim385 View Post
Inspectors, and the general public in general, tend to be pretty stupid when left to their own devices. Chris probably could have had jersey barriers and Do Not Enter (or Beware the Lepoard) signs around the borrow pit and someone would still end up walkin through it.

Personally, I've seen people haul ass down a road we had closed for months, and the only way they could is to get to that point was past the 4 Road Closed/Detour ahead signs, then around the two Road Closed Signs and cones and barriers. But we're the bad guys who get an ugly look and yelled at from their beemers and Lexus's. I find sometimes the best solution is to chase them back the way they came with a cat 938
Yeap, we had some kids from my area get killed this past year when they went around a road closed sign ,got up to about 80mph and tried to jump a 20ft washout in the road.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Chris, I've been wondering, is the only way to do those jobs with an excavator? In shallow sections, could you take a dozer/track loader and push the mud out? As in pushing it to the end, then bailing it out with the ex?
Use a submarine, it would float better.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was watching the video of the 210 getting loaded up and a the pop-up ad was for Outback Steakhouse.

Incase anyone needs a reminder. http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...postcount=3040
THEY JUST QUIT HORSIN AROUND
Old 02-25-2011, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvy 1ton View Post
I was watching the video of the 210 getting loaded up and a the pop-up ad was for Outback Steakhouse.

Incase anyone needs a reminder. http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...postcount=3040
haha yeah thats my truck driver!

So we finished up yesterday on the dredging about 2 months ahead of schedule!

blowin straw

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 02-25-2011, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post

That'll keep the clients happy
Old 02-25-2011, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
haha yeah thats my truck driver!

I didn't watch the whole video until after i posted earlier. Is that the same driver with a new truck? Either way, that W9 is sweet! You know, I saw this 330B LC on the front page yesterday. It doesn't have ACS stuff, but it's still pretty nice. And you have some experience cleaning up counterweights now. You know you wanna buy it, it only money. I like how you guys roll the blower up on the trailer for spreading straw.
THEY JUST QUIT HORSIN AROUND