Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-23-2008, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTR_Diesel View Post
Hate to say this, but when this individual showed up at your house in the middle of the night, calling and calling you - you should have called the police. Let them deal with it - it's what they are paid to do. The fact you called him back may have done more damage than good, but at least (hopefully) it's done with now.
I almost called the police if he didnt leave......havent heard from him since
Old 11-25-2008, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

this dude comes to work with us one day and i was the crew chief at the time. well any way myself this newbie and two other guys that i have been workin with go to mow home depot. well to get conversation started i ask if the guy has done this before and he ashures me he has claiming he worked for a large company but he cant remember the name. and i ask him if he knows how to use a ztr and his response is yea i can weed eat. i was just like awesome dude. than after we harass him he finds out that a ztr is a mower. so he starts telling me he has used a tara mower and i was baffled than i finally realize he meant Toro!! so i let him carry on with his non sense. and he starts telling me how bad he had it at the old place he worked having to check the spark plug gap every day in every piece of equipment. and i just kept taking this dudes BS holding back laughter. so any way we get to home depot and this fella is an older gentle man and i feel kind enough to see if this moron could sit on his butt and mow. he couldnt even start the mower, but he claimed he used to mow huge 60 acre fields a week ago. than he goes to back it off the trailer and he hits both sides of the trailer ping pongin the whole way out. so eventually he gets off and begins mowing with my help to put the deck at height. than he finally realizes he doesnt know what hees doing and asks to weed eat. the guy just didnt show up the next day.
Old 12-27-2008, 03:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmanCT View Post
So a couple weeks ago this 38 year old guy calls me up askin for work. He said he saw my ad and wanted to know if he needed a helper. I really didnt wanna use him but i had some jobs that i couldnt handle myself.

Anyways first day worked out good,he worked hard so i was happy. But then this motherFer calls me at 9pm one night asking me to bring him $60....he gave me some bullshit excuse that his grandma had a stroke.......this is actually waht he said "YO scott man, my grandma had a stroke!!!!!! i need 60 dollars"I just said no and hung up the phone.

SO it had been 2 weeks and I needed some help again, he worked on friday and monday no prob. EXCept come night when its 1am and i hear my phone goin off , and then i hear the guy outside MY HOUSE at 1 am!!!!!!......i was sleeping and this guy has the nerve to stop by and try to ask me for something after i already given him work. I didnt pick up after the 14 times he called, but when i finally saw him leave. I called him back, siad the Fword every other word and told him to never show up here again.

Im pretty pissed right now. I hope i never see his hoodrat ass again. YOu guys got any stories like this?
No, but then I don't hire low lifes off the street to work at my customers' homes. And I sure don't rehire them after they insanely call my house at odd hours.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmanCT View Post
So a couple weeks ago this 38 year old guy calls me up askin for work. He said he saw my ad and wanted to know if he needed a helper. I really didnt wanna use him but i had some jobs that i couldnt handle myself.

Anyways first day worked out good,he worked hard so i was happy. But then this motherFer calls me at 9pm one night asking me to bring him $60....he gave me some bullshit excuse that his grandma had a stroke.......this is actually waht he said "YO scott man, my grandma had a stroke!!!!!! i need 60 dollars"I just said no and hung up the phone.

SO it had been 2 weeks and I needed some help again, he worked on friday and monday no prob. EXCept come night when its 1am and i hear my phone goin off , and then i hear the guy outside MY HOUSE at 1 am!!!!!!......i was sleeping and this guy has the nerve to stop by and try to ask me for something after i already given him work. I didnt pick up after the 14 times he called, but when i finally saw him leave. I called him back, siad the Fword every other word and told him to never show up here again.

Im pretty pissed right now. I hope i never see his hoodrat ass again. YOu guys got any stories like this?

Do Grandma ones count?