Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-27-2008, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose View Post
Hope you have a fireproof suit, because you will get flamed for that... I had actually typed out a similar, yet much more lengthy post about MD's post, but chose to delete it a few minutes later. The irrigators on this site are NOT friendly to "lawn guys" and they all believe that no one but them can work on irrigation. Don't even try to post in the irrigation forum, they just gang up and run the lawn guys off.
I dont care. The last time i checked the site was named LAWNSITE.COM. I wasnt going to waste my time with a lengthy post for this guy. The irrigation and lighting guys are alot alike. Not sure why they think what they do is rocket science. I have installed numerous miles of sewer main, water and sewer hookups, site development and i get attitude by these toy pipe layers. Its a joke.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 01-01-2009, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

When I resume my business back home, I will make it a point to test run the entire sprinkler system, zone by zone with the owner before beginning any service. Be absolutely certain the system is in good working order. This will establish a baseline by which we will all be on the same page. Any broken heads/substandard installs that are discovered will not be blamed on me. At that time the repair can be an extra charge whether I do it or sub it out.
I remember when I first started I overlooked test runs, and this thread has prompted me to be more cautious. Thanks again LS posters!
BTW I love the irrigation forum! I don't have anything to contribute that they don't already know. Be careful with your questions, if they could already be answered by reading a simple Rainbird/Toro web page! If you have need of irrigation knowledge check out this link. http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/

Aloha