Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-19-2010, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It has already tought her alot about money. Now that she has her own money some things are less appealing than if mom and dad were buying them.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise Landscapes2 View Post
girls and boys can do the same work and girls some times do it better me and my husbend own our own landscapeing company and he has a son from his first wife and i have raised my two sisters they all three help us and the two year olds some times do better then the five year old and some times onya(sister) does better then coy(son) and then when the job is done they get payed with icecream and when ever we go to the gardens coy will go up to a plant and take the flower in to his and a smell it then he will gently let it go we hope that one day that they will take over but you never know it may just be for now but they love spending all the time in the world with us and it is nice because it teaches them money and they learn how to save up for what they want like my oldest sister wants to get a truck and lawn mower so we told her she has to save and get it her self and she has a big smile every time she puts her money in that jar and ever day she takes out and counts and askes daddy how much more we told her the mowwer is hers but the truck she has to wait till she can drive
That is one long sentence
Old 07-01-2010, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey,
Thought I would post an update as to how the year is going. We now have 40 accounts. 2 of the accounts are for customers on 4 week vacations. It's still money. Recently we purchased a used 2004 52 inch SCAG Turf Tiger. I got it for $3300 and it had only 412 hours.

We have a second Gravely 1540. The first one is still on the Disabled list. Needs alot to get it running again. I have yet to find someone local who can repair the hydro units. I do not feel like paying $600 to $800 dollars for something than can be repaired instead of replaced.

Along with the SCAG I also purchased a used 6'X12' single axle trailer. It came with a weed eater rack so I did not have to purchase one of those. I had to cut out a small section in the front rail and lower it so the SCAG could be placed farther up on the front of the trailer. With the minor adjustment I can now fit the SCAG, Gravely and a push mower on the trailer. It's tight but it works. The trailer was black and in sorry shape when I got it. I painted it Rustoleum "sunset red" or something like that name. Sanded and stained the wooden deck. Painted the tail gate fluorescent orange and now it goes quite well with my truck. As soon as I have time I will get some pictures posted.

One other good deal I was able to get was a Toro "Personal Pace" super recyclers mower. This mower is a little work horse. Paid $65 dollars for it.

My daughter started helping again last week so far so good. It has been hectic she had been playing for three differently softball teams. Now we are down to the original traveling team.

The weather has been unbelievable so far this year. Rain has been frequent. Rain is our best friend and our worst enemy all in one. I have had to work the last three weekends to stay caught up. Hopefully we can get the remaining 16 cuts in tomorrow. Had rain on Monday and had to replace the brakes on the truck Wednesday afternoon.

See ya all later........
Old 07-03-2010, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i think that is great you and your daughter work together i wish one of my sons did i go it all my myself
Old 07-04-2010, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have so far really enjoyed working with my Daughter.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just an Update. Still no decent rain in east central Indiana. It has been close to 40 days without decent rain. I only did three accounts this week. Times are tuff here. I won't do like some do and mow dust. that's just not right in my opinion.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Update here too, still busy busy. Rain and green grass still growing here. Leaves starting to fall. We had the best year to date, and the girls are still passionate about the biz, and I'm still thrilled to have a "family business" and being able to spend precious time with the girls, while I still can. Been a blast to watch them grow, and kinda sad to know all to soon, they may leave to start there own lives.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2010, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

shep,
Great picture cool to involve the whole family
Old 10-03-2010, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good to see that some parents still have good morals and a since of self worth, and are willing to pass it on to their kids.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

News said we had the driest ever August. 4th Driest September and the driest stretch from July to October on record. Finally got around a 1/2 inch over the weekend. It may be to late to help. Bushes need trimed and leaves need picked up. Should be busy for a little longer.