Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-27-2008, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Happy Thanksgiving !

As I smell the turkey cooking in the oven, and see the spread my wife is developing for my family of 6 and a friends family of 3, This is looking to be a great day of eating and resting. After 25 days in a row of 8-12 hour days, I am grateful for a rest. Here's wishing everyone a very restful and happy Thanksgiving.

I've still got my phone on, and hoping to book all day friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoon with appointments. I've basically done just about everything I can afford this year as far as marketing, and I hope the phone rings tonight and tomorrow and so on. I will run out of install work for my 3 crews on monday or tuesday if the weather holds and I book no more work. My normal experience tells me there will be work to do, and we'll book 3-8 jobs this weekend. my fear tells me the impulse Christmas buyers will really think twice this year about dropping 1,2,3 grand on Christmas lights. We'll see.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Happy Thanksgiving! I was going to sell my Lighting business but did not I am GLAD I kept it. We are about half way done, this weekend hope to get 12 done? So far the weather is holding up here. I enjoy reading your links David.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

ahh, the turkey was awesome. I made the mashed potatoes. 1 stick of salted butter, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup sour cream, salt, pepper, delish. gravy, yum.

we've got 17 jobs friday, sat, sun, mon. some small, some large. I got a message today adding on about 1000 to an existing commercial job. no other phone calls as of 6:30pm tonight. one appointment tomorrow sceduled. kinda weird no one has called. not even folks calling for repairs or how to plug in their lights.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gretzmier View Post
we've got 17 jobs friday, sat, sun, mon. some small, some large. I got a message today adding on about 1000 to an existing commercial job. no other phone calls as of 6:30pm tonight. one appointment tomorrow sceduled. kinda weird no one has called. not even folks calling for repairs or how to plug in their lights.
Same boat here, I have work thru Thursday, then, unless we sell some work we too are done.

No phone calls at all yesterday, not even a how to call either.

www.CTPreservation.com

www.ChristmasDecorNY.com

"What do you mean we canít get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
Walt Disney
Old 11-29-2008, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

2 more closed jobs yesterday, but only one appointment, another was a referral walk up. only one appointment today and another next tuesday. The phone is mysteriously quiet except for service calls and plug ins, which actually are low this year as well. I always remember thanksgiving day and the day after as days the phone rings nonstop for service and bids.

we're at 31 new customers so far, with about 8-10 selling days left.