Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:01 PM
weasel's Avatar
weasel weasel is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 5
Posts: 195
Spray Green?

I posted in Herbicide but no responses yet.
Has anyone heard of or dealt with a franchise company named Spray Green?
Are they better than TruGreen or Scott's?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2008, 08:47 PM
weasel's Avatar
weasel weasel is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 5
Posts: 195
bump bump...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-03-2008, 08:55 PM
NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC's Avatar
NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Medford, OR
Posts: 1,186
I found a franchisee on another forum site and he states that their formula works well, but does not live up to the "Reduces Thatch build up" as they claim, and he did also state that the formula needs to be sprayed each and every month during the growing season, because afterall it is a liquid and doesn't last as long as a granular.
I asked for a product label to see what the ingredients are and to see if its truely 100% organic as claimed, he has not reponded, LOL
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-03-2008, 09:14 PM
weasel's Avatar
weasel weasel is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 5
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC View Post
I found a franchisee on another forum site and he states that their formula works well, but does not live up to the "Reduces Thatch build up" as they claim, and he did also state that the formula needs to be sprayed each and every month during the growing season, because afterall it is a liquid and doesn't last as long as a granular.
I asked for a product label to see what the ingredients are and to see if its truely 100% organic as claimed, he has not reponded, LOL
Thanks a lot. was the forum on this site? Doesn't the USDA regulate what can be called "organic" in these products like it does in the food industry?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-03-2008, 09:24 PM
NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC's Avatar
NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Medford, OR
Posts: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel View Post
Thanks a lot. was the forum on this site? Doesn't the USDA regulate what can be called "organic" in these products like it does in the food industry?
I'm not sure what the regulations are, but they sure do keep their product hush, hush, I emailed a franchisee and all he gave me was a copy of the MSDS, which shows nothing on the ingredients, and when I replied to ask for a copy of the ingredients or the label, he hasn't replied and I sent 2 emails, LOL, they must have something to hide. I even asked, what if a potential customer asked to see the product label to verify the ingredients are 100% organic as stated, wouldn't you provide it for them? HE never replied.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
weasel's Avatar
weasel weasel is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 5
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC View Post
I'm not sure what the regulations are, but they sure do keep their product hush, hush, I emailed a franchisee and all he gave me was a copy of the MSDS, which shows nothing on the ingredients, and when I replied to ask for a copy of the ingredients or the label, he hasn't replied and I sent 2 emails, LOL, they must have something to hide. I even asked, what if a potential customer asked to see the product label to verify the ingredients are 100% organic as stated, wouldn't you provide it for them? HE never replied.
way to go..your like the Papparazi of the landscape world.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-03-2008, 09:38 PM
NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC's Avatar
NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Medford, OR
Posts: 1,186
LOL, its probably just some basic liquid organic fertilizer with some bio stimulants or something added.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-12-2008, 01:20 AM
NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC's Avatar
NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Medford, OR
Posts: 1,186
Any luck with deciding whether this is a good choice or not?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-12-2008, 11:34 PM
weasel's Avatar
weasel weasel is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 5
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC View Post
Any luck with deciding whether this is a good choice or not?
No not really. I would like to see the lawns that receive their "juice". However if it doesn't control weeds(which it doesn't claim to do) than it's not for me. We have to use weed control here so fert. alone wouldn't be sufficient. Let me know if you find out anything.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-25-2008, 10:56 AM
turf hokie's Avatar
turf hokie turf hokie is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Metro NY
Posts: 2,675
Any further information on this??

Any body else have any experience with them or know anybody that has used them?

Just continuing to look for more ways to separate us from the other guy

Here is the link to the website.

http://spraygreen.net/index.php
__________________
"What do you mean we canít get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
Walt Disney
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.09564 seconds with 7 queries