Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-03-2008, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Redmax EBZ8001 VS Stihl BR600

I am going to buy two blowers this week and have heard mostly of two blowers as being the best.
Redmax EBZ8001 & Stihl BR600.

I have been told that the Stihl BR600 requires some adjusting every once in a while. Anyone know what they are talking about? Supposedly it's because of the type of engine that creates this problem.

I have been told that the Redmax EBZ8001 is actually stronger than the Stihl BR600, is that true? But some have told me that the Redmax EBZ8001 has somewhat of a weak frame and that the fuel tank can even come loose after time.

Just wanna know what y'all think. I prefer to hear from Landscapers who actually own or have used these blowers. Thanx y'all and happy leaf blowing.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I like redmax trimmers but the blowers are not so great, we actuallly got one free when we bought a new exmark z this past spring and we sold it on ebay, just didnt have the power, we have had stihls in the past and I personally found them difficult to start, now some swear by them, just my 2 cents.
The tried and true blower in this industry is the shindaiwa eb630 $500 bucks
expect 5-6 seasons out of it and then sell em on ebay for half what you paid
plenty of power and easy startin, in all weather, we even blow light snow ,
they have changed very little since the late 90's and for good reason, I honestly forget about mine alot, I just use it, and isnt what we all want
Old 12-03-2008, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Redmax

I use the Redmax and recommend it highly. Have used others, but I am not going to start a debate. My pic is Redmax hands down the best blower for the money. With the Stihl 4-mix you have to adjust valves. People talk about the weight comparison. Personally if you can't put 25 pounds on your back you need to look for a job in the panty section of Wal-Mart. Redmax gets my vote. Do yourself a favor and demo both in real life tests. Then you will see which one to buy.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Red Max For Me

I have had Stihl and Red max. I like the Red Max units the best. Have had little to no problems with any of the units. 7001RH oldest. 6-7yrs? EBZ8000RH 4-5 yrs had a choke lever issue. EB8001 RH New this yr and the best yet. The power on these units really increased after 3-5 tanks of fuel.

I cant compare power as all I own now is Red Max. Just my 2 cents worth
Old 12-03-2008, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blevins View Post
People talk about the weight comparison. Personally if you can't put 25 pounds on your back you need to look for a job in the panty section of Wal-Mart.

Now that my friend is funny as hell and I agree 1000%... I post on a chainsaw forum called ArboristSite and some of those guys talk about a saw being 1 or 2 lbs. too heavy for its size. If a guy can't handle a 13-15 lb. saw what good is he anyway? Think about the days when a gas saw was over 100 lbs. or before that when you had to cut the tree by hand.

Guys talk about how light the Stihl 600 blower is. Personally I'd rather have something with a little heft to it because at least I know it's more solid. Later!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Another +1 for Redmax! I just recently bought a 8001 and I love it!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Searching will reveal 100's of topics on the BR600 and the 8001. The majority of people like the Sthil. We have 4 and love them. Power to spare. They also don't get caught on branches like other blowers and everything is protected in the shell.
Matthew 17:20 - Have faith and nothing will be impossible.

27hp - Lazer Z , 18hp Lazer X HP
5 - BR600's, 5 - Stihl FS90's
50' TopKick Bucket Truck
A Ton Of Other Stuff

Old 12-03-2008, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax here Both of mine work well Never have any bad thing yet !!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I have Stihl 600's and redmax 7001's and have used the 8000. My choice is the redmax. The stihl has been rebuilt under warranty at 15 months and i dont expect it to last through this season. The redmax is better about cranking as well.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Redmax 8001' just bought it this year and its a beast. Quite a bit more power than my shindi's 630, and Echo 651. But I have never run a sthil 600. I own two sthil chainsaws, and a hedge trimmer, and have had a number of problems with all three. Just my opinion.

Tags
redmax , stihl