Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-07-2008, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Eagle Bay

A vendor in our area has started carring Eagle Bay products. They are reasonably priced and look ok. I believe they are manufactured in Virginia.

Does anyone have experience with this product? If so, what is your opinion of this product?

Thanks
Old 12-07-2008, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Got a link?
Old 12-08-2008, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Member

www.eaglebayusa.com
Old 12-08-2008, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Website is convincing. Love the design options available... certainly seems like they "get it" more than any other manufacturer (most of whom don't seem to have a clue).

Too bad there's not a dealer within 100 miles of me.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Eagle Bay is a nice product. We are in Central VA and it's made in Richmond...an hour away....which is nice. It's a nice product and we use it quite frequently.

However, everything is being tumbled 'in line'....no drum tumbling which looks a lot better, yet creates more waste at the plant I guess. I thought I'd give them a shot a few years ago and was surprised at how well they looked....even impressed with the distressing. The blends are nice and there is a lot of versatility in the product. Used to use Cambridge and they started having some major issues.....
Old 12-08-2008, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am not sure if it is Eagle Bay, but I do know that there is a manufacturer with a new plant in Richmond, VA that not only manufacturers pavers......but they also INSTALL. And rumor has it - that whomever this company is - is lookin to do installations anywhere.

Again, it may not be Eagle Bay, or maybe it is, but there is no way will buy a product from a company that could potentially be a competitor. May be something to look into.

I hear this is one problem Techo has with their Techo Depot in PA. It's said that Techo-Depot also installs pavers. And it's said that some contractors refuse to buy from Techo-Depot because of such.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Hmmm, never heard of Eagle Bay also installing....but, it's worth lookin' into. If they are, then some suppliers have some 'splaining to do. We haven't used Techo in about 5 or 6 years. What's your paver of choice in MD, DVS? Where'd you hear about Eagle Bay installing?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Actually, now that I think about it, you may be speaking of Xterior Pavers that built a plant near Richmond. I believe I heard that they are offering 'free estimates for installed projects' as it also says on their website. Nice.....sounds cheap and low-ballish to me....and potentially desperate in these times.

They offer direct shipping and such, but I agree, if they are willing to travel to my service area and take a job from me while supplying the pavers, forget about it. Not sure what their line looks like but we have other great product selection to choose from right in our own backyard.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Member

TSGVA,
Thanks for the good information.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Eagle Bay

We have been installing Eagle Bay for over a year now, we have installed over 10,000 square feet of Eagle Bay pavers in 2008 so far.
they are a new company (2-3 years old) out of Richmond VA, although I dont know for sure, I am almost positive that Eagle Bay does not install.
We have been real happy with Eagle Bay so far, no problems what so ever.

I try to sell Techo Bloc first and foremost, but fall back on Eagle Bay when prices need to be cut, These are the only two paver manufactures we really mess with.