Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-08-2008, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Set up advice for 36" Stander

Just got a used 36" stander (fixed) and I'm looking for some advice on the best setup as far as height, caster spacers, blade shims, etc. I think the setting is currently still factory settings but not sure - 2 c spacers on bottom and one on top on casters, rear set up in middle forward hole and blades have one shim under & 5 over (?).

Right now, it will be used on leaves & pine straw. In season, mostly centipede. I've never measured my other mower but I think I usually cut around 3".

Also, do the mulch kits work or would the Gator 3 in 1 blades work w/o the mulch kit?

Thanks!

Mark
Old 12-08-2008, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey what type of grass are you cutting?

My factory setting 36 stander scalped my san augustine lawns with all of the front caster spacers on. To fix this I set the rear wheel positions at their highest (deck lifting) poisition.

Cuts great now, I will most likely never operate another mowing business without a wright stander.

Enjoy
Old 12-08-2008, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Centipede - So it sounds like you run the deck high and the blades at the lower setting (close to bottom of deck). I would think the blade closer to the edge of teh deck would give a better cut. The higher deck would help with the deck dragging when loading on the trailer.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Sponsor

mf13368,

In your statement "one shim under & 5 over", do you mean there are 5 blade spacers between the blade and spindle and a washer between the blade and blade bolt. If so than with wheel motor set and front caster set the mower is at the factory setting which is a 3" cut height. Usually the effectivness of the curved mulch system (36"-95470002)is dependant on finding the right blade type for the conditions you are cutting. Some users leave the factory blade in some use Gators, we also still offer just a basic block-off plate (All sizes-93460031).

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.