Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-11-2000, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am currently running sthil equipment but looking for another brand. I was thinking maybe switching to red max or shindaiwa. Don't know yet though I just wanted to know what brand of equipment you are using and what the pros and cons are.<p>Thank you <br>Exquisite Lawn Services
Old 07-11-2000, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Homelite Baby!<p>Pros: Cheap<br>Cons : Cheap<p>Try the search function. Search Stihl, Shindaiwa and Redmax. You will find what you are looking for.
Old 07-11-2000, 08:40 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We use Shindaiwa T270 trimmers and a PB270 Power Broom. We have a Shindaiwa Back Pack Blower and a Red Max EB6200. We had a Red Max Trimmer, but had nothing but problems with it and the dealer gave us our money back and that is when we got the Shindaiwa trimmers. We started out with T27's but after using them for 5 years, they got stolen, so we replaced them with the T270's, which is about the same machine, just a different number and a few changes.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 07-11-2000, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Member

REDMAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br>ONLY!!!!!!!!!<br>Dont use the poser equipment.
Old 07-12-2000, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah Keith! I run Homelite 'cuz I wasn't looking to buy a Stihl. That's what I wanted but oh well.
Old 07-12-2000, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Trimmer,<br> I use Shindiawa (2) T-230 trimmers (1) T-260 trimmer and (1)LE-260 edger and I use husqvarna 155 BT back pack blowers. I love the performance that I get from these products but some of my freinds/comp. like Stihl and Redmax but they are all real good performers.
Old 07-12-2000, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Does anyone use Robin? <br>Just bought a couple of NB218 Trimmers & Hedgers, real light wait and powerfully queit. Only have one complaint though, the bumphead plastic locking Knobbes come loose.<br> Thinking of getting a Robin Backback & Redmax edger with a vibrating star blade, anyone have any input? Would be appreciated.<p>I am still satisfied with our old sthl and echo trimmers, and blowers. I Have rebuilt the engines a couple of times, they keep running like new and there 10+yrs old. I wish they had a hour gauge.
Old 07-12-2000, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Scag48...Dude I was kiddin' <p>We use Shindaiwa T230 trimmers, LE260 edgers. I like Shindaiwa stuff. I am thinking about buying a C270 brush cutter in the next week or two. We still use Stihl for our blowers, but I may buy a Shindaiwa next time. I have some old Echo stuff, we used that for years, but I have a hard time keeping their stuff running. We have used Maruyama equipment (pretty good stuff)and I currently have a Maruyama 260 extended reach hedge trimmer, it is a kinda hybrid. It's not like the real long extended reach models. Here is a picture of it. &lt;img src=&quot;http://www.landscapers.com/shop/maruyhedged.jpg&quot;&gt;<p>I had a Robin handheld blower at one time. It is really hard to find Robin dealers around here.<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: Keith<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Keith
Old 07-12-2000, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Member

We started out with Husqvarna trimmers and had trouble with parts availbilty due to the purchase min of $25 imposed by the factory on dealers. Next I tried a Maryuama and it lost ample compression in 2 years. Two years ago we purchased 3 Red Max BC2300 trimmers and my personal one has over 1,000 hrs and starts 3rd/4th pull.Replaced shaft and bump head to date, compressions a little low but still kicks butt daily! Not sure about the new strato charged EPA/B.S. models yet? Just remember all these proudcts are mass produced so you'll find problems here and there no matter the brand. Just dont buy the poser stuff like Grasscapes said. GOOD LUCK!
Old 07-12-2000, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I've got (3) Shindaiwa T270 trimmers, an EB630 back pack blower, (2) LE-260 edgers, and a RedMax 6200 Back pack blower. Buy SHINDAIWA!