Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Bruce, I don't care to argue your points. I do agree with you on the mulching. I don't see all the posts.

In my area we can get by with mulching a couple weeks of leaf drop then we bag and haul off. Very little goes to the landfill. Most lco's that I am familair with have rural properties where the leaves / clippings are hauled, composted and worked into the soil. Most lco's are muching the grass all season. Only leaves get hauled off. I have a large garden plus 7 acres behind me. I also have access to two farmers each with several hundred acres for back up dumping. That's what works here.

Scott
Old 02-02-2003, 02:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by jimlewis
go back to your mulching and dumping your debris behind your clients trailer.
<<<-ROTFLMAO->>>

To each their own.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Bruce,

Jim's right. You are out of line here. IMO, Jim is one of the most professional guys we have on this site. And just because he had an employee who made a stupid mistake doesn't make him any less professional. You may disagree with his stance on mulching. And that's fine. But respond to it in THAT thread, not this one. To bring it up here, almost 6 months later, is just uncalled for.

Jim works in a very different area than many of the rest of us and what is unprofessional to him in yuppy richville, might be perfectly acceptable in your neck of the woods. So you may both be right, from your own perspectives.

But to attack him and call him unprofessional just isn't cool. If there were more like him Lawnsite would be a much better place. He is a credit to this site and has helped more people over the years than almost anyone else I can think of. And he deserves our respect.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i mulch grass and grass only. i would never even think about dumping leaves or clippings at a customers place.if i have to i dump it in my yard until theres enough to fill a 40 yard dumpster.seems to me you are a scrub.your the type that low balls everthing and does things half @#$%*&!
you won't last long.your what i call a one hit wonder.this form was made i feel for us to stick together work together and make this trade grow.i would never bad mouth a fellow landscaper to a customer or future one.i wouldn't say anything about them i would just say i know of them.so i think your out of line.this thread started as a guy doing #1 on a persons lawn so if you don't have any input on that just shut up.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Member

just thought ide give this thread a bump
Old 02-26-2008, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
One more reason I love owning my own business. No one can fire
me for something this stupid. I guess he should have peed his paints in your truck.
I'd have to agree this is something more along the lines of a write-up, or a reprimand.
A quick reminder, nobody is perfect.

Last edited by topsites; 02-26-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Closed Thread