Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-28-2014, 02:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Legendary Lawn Care Work & Equipment Thread

Ok so where do i begin. lol. i have been a long time lurker on the site, but never actually committed to opening a thread because i was a little intimidated, i guess. so i started a Facebook page instead and have had it up and running for the past couple of years and now i think it is time to get active as well and start my own thread. so before i post pictures i would like to give you ladies and gentlemen a little back ground information of me personally, as well as my business.

backgroundshort version... very short)

Hi, im Greg Huxen im 23 years young and i am owner and sole worker of Legendary Lawn Care in the St. Louis and surrounding areas (yeah ) i have been doing lawn and landscape work since i was in 7th grade and have loved it ever since. i never really got serious with the idea of actually doing a real time Lawn and landscape company until the second semester of my senior year in high school. by then i have already had a 36" mower (which i still have) and a 48" mower and about 25ish accounts. so if we get technical i have 9 years experience doing this, and let me say i have come a longggggg way. in the mean time i have been attending my community college trying to get my associates degree in business. i have one more semester to go. in my free time i like hanging out with friends and family of course but my hobbies are target shooting, paintball, hunting, and just being in the outdoors (pictures below). i rarely have time to do them but when i do i always have a blast. Now about my business....

Like the about stated its legendary lawn Care i have been in business legally for only a year but have being have been doing this for much longer. my original name, back when i was in middle school, was Greg's lawn service and a few years later changed to H & S lawn care and my best friend and i ran the business and work are rear ends off till he went off to college. he still helps me on summer break but he has got an internship this summer so he wont be able to help(currently looking for a good worker). but anyway ever since he went off to college i have taken over and have been running under my current name. i have grown my business to 50 weekly residential clients and two commercial properties while being a full time student. let me tell you this is no easy task. i haven't done much advertising because i really don't want my business to grow to out of hand. but i still manage to grow a little though mainly word of mouth.

so now since you know me a little better i thought i could throw up some pictures and get this rolling *it might be alot of photos at first but im playing catch up*

REDMAX/EXMARK/SCAG/BUNTON/FORD/TANAKA

"If you work just for money, you'll never make it, but if you love what you're doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours" ~Ray Krox

"This country was not built on the values of a good government providing for the people. This great nation was founded on the premise that you can make your own destiny, and take responsibility for your life and actions"
Old 12-28-2014, 02:32 AM
LawnSite Member

here is the current company logo

"If you work just for money, you'll never make it, but if you love what you're doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours" ~Ray Krox

"This country was not built on the values of a good government providing for the people. This great nation was founded on the premise that you can make your own destiny, and take responsibility for your life and actions"
Old 12-28-2014, 02:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Old 12-28-2014, 02:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Old 12-28-2014, 02:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Old 12-28-2014, 02:46 AM
LawnSite Member

LANDSCAPE WORK!

Old 12-28-2014, 02:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Old 12-28-2014, 03:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Old 12-28-2014, 03:02 AM
LawnSite Member

thats pretty much it for mow will i get back from my vacation. enjoy!

Old 12-28-2014, 03:42 AM
LawnSite Member

wow...good job. All of it looks good. How far do you dig down before you put mulch down? Do you lay anything down before mulching? I see you're in the St. Louis area, not far from me!